66

lalisamanoban posted via MyDay

Irene is 19
Lisa is 18

Lisa made her way down the not so beaten path that she knows by heart. This area is part of her grandma's estate, a couple of hundred of meters beyond the Jun's house. No one knows about this spot aside from her and Irene, a place that they discovered one summer when Jennie was sent to the young chef's club that neither her and Irene wanted to join. A huge non-bearing fruit tree that they later identified as mahogany with stolen plastic bench under stood in the middle. The tree is surrounded by smaller trees in variety. There is a narrow creek nearby, connected to the river down the property.

When she saw the top of Irene's hoodie, she knew she's at the right place. She was about to approach the older girl but then she stopped. Memories flooded her brain.

'You'll always find me here.'

To be honest, she doesn't want to revisit this place. Ever. This was the place where Irene had always been hers, hidden from the world. The place that they call theirs when they outgrew their treehouse. The place where they carved their names on the trunk of the tree with the promise of forever. The place where she first held Irene's hand realizing that she isn't looking at her as a bestfriend anymore.

The place where she thanked the universe that she doesn't have to work really hard for the girl to be hers because destiny already made sure of that.

It dawned on Lisa that she's really naive. So naive when it comes to the matters of the heart. So naive when it comes to relationships. So naive that even if she knew Irene since she was three, that she really doesn't know her at all.

Irene must've heard the footsteps and looked around. She jumped and approached Lisa fast, doubting if she's real and hugged her. The fact that Lisa flinched when their bodies connected brought sorrow to her heart. She cried.

Lisa, who's already tired of feeling anything just stood there like a statue which made Irene cry harder.

As the other girl sobbed Liss realized, despite all the hurt and all the unshed tears, her hidden world is where Irene is.