85

irenebae posted via MyDay

@ lalisamanoban is right. The urge to k-word this one is really strong. Such a disturbance to the Force.

 Such a disturbance to the Force

Irene is 19
Lisa is 18

"Sorry for disturbing you." Lisa said as she streched her legs. Jennie is already sleeping on Irene's bed.
The two ordered Chinese take out and ate together.

"It's nothing."
"Better here than out there."
"What did you tell your Gammy?" Irene asked.

"The truth.?"
"They know we're here."

Irene nodded.

"My parents called." Lisa said. She's playing with the paper from her fortune cookie that says 'The fortune you seek is in another cookie!'
"I am having a brother.. or a sister."

"Really?"

This time it's Lisa who nodded.

"How do you feel about it?"

"Happy? I don't know. I just want them to be here." Lisa replied while looking on her feet. "I love Gammy and Yoya very much but, are parents supposed to be with their child?"

Irene looked at the girl.

Lisa released a deep breath.
"We're like cargoes that were shipped after we're born." She said quietly.

Irene didn't reply. She also has the same thoughts.
Lisa's parents are in Spain and goes here twice or thrice a year.
Her parents are no better. They are both partners in a huge law firm in London.
Jennie's Dad has been MIA since she's 9 and her mom is busy traveling the world squandering the dividends  from their company.
Their generation is different from the older ones where having a huge family is normal. They're more career driven and saw having a child or two as security that everything they worked for will be taken care of.

Living with her grandparents is okay. They are cool, supportive and she knows they love her so much.
When she finally have kids, she'll never abandon them. She will love them the way she wanted to be loved by a parent.

Irene didn't notice that Lisa already fell asleep. She stood up to give space and allow Lisa to lie comfortably. As much as she wants to sleep beside her, the twin-size bed can only accommodate two.

She gets a blanket for Lisa and lowered down her room temperature.
When Irene is sure that Lisa will sleep through the night, she kissed Lisa on the forehead.

Before leaving the younger girl alone, a paper protruding on Lisa's bag on the floor caught her attention.