45

Irene is 19
Jennie is 18

"How's Lisa?" Irene asked. The two are walking around the small park near Irene's house. Lucky went on a surprise visit and she was more interested in talking with Grandmama Tae-hee than Irene.

"She's okay. She's been out the entire week and missed the practices for the end of year party. But overall she's okay. Tall and sometimes a jerk." Jennie replied.

They went silent. The only noise are their shoes scraping the concrete.

It was Irene who broke the silence.
"Did you know that Grandma Ji-woo talked to me?"

Jennie nodded.
"Grandma told me."

"What do you think?" Irene asked. It's a tough question to ask but a tougher question to answer.

"I think it's for the best." Jennie replied hesitantly.

Irene felt like someone punched her gut.

"W-why? Did Lisa say that?"

Jennie shook her head.
When the younger girl looked at her, Irene doesn't see the bubbly Jennie that she'd known. This is a matured Jennie, ready to pounce on anything and anyone that will try to hurt Lisa.

"She knows about the phone calls, Irene. She knows you'd been talking to that girl you met at the university and you've been seeing her."

Irene stopped and looked at Jennie in horror but the other girl just smiled.

"H-how did she know? Did Jisoo tell her?"

Jennie shook her head again. "No. She found out on her own. Lisa's shy and timid but she ain't stupid. If there's anyone that knows you better than yourself, it's her."

When Irene didn't respond Jennie continues, kicking the small stones under her shoes.

"Lisa is not a security blanket that you can crawl back because you are sick and afraid. She's a lot more than that."
"If you can't give the attention and love that she deserves, and since you are already out of the arrangement that our grandmothers set-up, p-please give anyone the chance to love her."

irenebae posted via MyDay