Chapter 60: Bandages & Apologies

Brunette entered their room, ginger following right after and closing the door. A click of the door lock made the girl look back.

"Just for privacy reasons." Ajax finally turned to face her.

The pair's eyes met and they stared at each other for a moment, neither of them sure what to do now. Childe's cheeks soon turned pink.

"A-Also... P-Please, forget whatever Sergei has said. I'm not a pervert! I won't do anything that will make you uncomfortable, I promise." He stuttered with his cheeks burning.

His sudden remarks made the girl blush too. She looked away, nodding.

"Okay... I trust you."

"Who first?"

"Yours are worse."

It was obvious that Charlotte's wounds were worse but Ajax decided against arguing. It was already an awkward situation – conflict would only make it worse.

"Okay. Bandages and other equipment are on the desk."

Childe pointed at the desk in the corner of the room. Seeing that girl noticed it and was already on her way to take it, he walked over to the bed, his fingers fiddling with his shirt buttons. Some of the bandages got ripped a bit, unraveling into strings and getting stuck on the buttons.

After a moment, he was finally shirtless, almost the entirety of his chest covered by messy bandages.

"Were the wounds in bad condition or has it closed already?" Charlotte asked, putting down the box of bandages and medical alcohol bottle on the side of the bed.

"Closed, I think."

"Alright, I will carefully unwrap the bandages. Tell me if it hurts."

Nodding, Childe raised his arms up, giving better access to his chest. Her hands' gentleness and the careful work they did never failed to impress the ginger. The unbandaging process didn't hurt at all. He even felt ticklish when she carefully touched his wounds, wanting to inspect them closely.

"H-Hey... Tickles..." he stuttered while grinning.

"Does it now?" the girl smiled. "Your wounds look really well, the healing process is quicker than I imagined. Well then, let me sanitize the area and bandage you up again."

Grabbing some cotton and pouring a generous amount of medical alcohol, she then gently started cleaning around the wounds. After that, taking another piece of cotton, she started working on the wounds.

"Does it hurt?"

"No, not even a bit."

Childe only received a soft nod and smile from the girl. You could easily tell that Charlotte had medical experience – after less than 5 minutes, Ajax was already putting his shirt back on, his chest nicely bandaged.

"Okay, your turn, girlie."

Charlotte blushed, sitting on the bed and facing her back on him. She slowly lifted her shirt, trying her best to take it off with her arm in a cast.

"Do you need help?"

"Sigh... Y-Yes... Please."

Ajax gently took her broken arm in his hand, slowly freeing it out of the shirt sleeve. The rest was easy and after a moment her shirt was off.

Only the upper part of her chest was bandaged. You could see a bunch of dark scars all over her body telling the story of her life battles.

"It will be easier to just cut the bandages off..." she said. "Take scissors and try cutting them in the area under my armpit."