Chapter 1: Wish of Freedom

Charlotte woke up from the chaos outside. Her underground cell was barely sound-proof, making it hard for her to hear what the fuss was about. The fact that she slept only 3 hours after a sleepless night didn't help either.

After her tired eyes vision cleared and she was able to feel the world surrounding her, she painfully stood up with her all body aching and walked towards the trapdoor of her cell. Wooden bars were blocking the entrance on the ceiling, keeping her imprisoned in dark and cold room.

Standing next to the trapdoor, she could hear the voices above her more clearly. She recognised the voice of Trevor, the leader of this Treasure Hoarders group. He was tall, muscular and well experienced in battle. Though, now his voice sounded shaky, full of fear which he tried so hard to hide.

If it terrified Trevor out of everyone, what or who exactly did her imprisoners encounter?

"Listen, we are not looking for any problems." - She could hear Trevor say. He tried so hard to sound strong and fearless that it almost made her laugh.

"Is that so? Aren't you afraid to lie so openly in the nation ruled by the God of Justice herself?"
Charlotte frowned hearing a new voice. It didn't belong to any treasure hoarder from the group. Yet, for some reason, she could have sworn she heard familiar voice before.

It was the voice of a male, medium-pitched, not too low nor too high. This left an impression that it was a young man, around 19, maybe 20 years old, speaking.

"I assume you know that we, Fatui, are not keen with debts, right? I tried to negotiate peacefully this time. If it was up to me, I'd have skipped this part in a first place. Well, I guess some exercise won't hurt. Come at me!"

The fight broke out. The new voice belonged to a Fatui member. Why did it sound so familiar to her then? It's the first time she has encountered a Fatui herself, even though she heard quite a lot about their dirty ways of dealing with indebted clients.

This Snezhnayan organisation meant nothing good. She must take this fight as an opportunity, escape and run far, far away from this place.

Coming back to her sleeping place, huge piles of hay, she stuck her hand in one of the piles, looking for her Vision. It didn't take long to find a red orb in golden frame. Pyro symbol lit up and glowed with warmth after making a contact with vision owner.

Attaching it to her belt, she came back to the wooden trapdoor, keeping her away from the freedom. The fight was still on-going, blades clashing together, screams echoing through the entire plain where the camp was settled. The chaos was a great distraction from her breaking free.

She grabbed the wooden bars, flames bursting from her bare hands as her vision glowed even brighter. Charlotte stepped back and watched the barrier burn down, turning to a pile of ashes on the cold floor of her cell.

With her body aching due to the wounds she had all over the body from endless torture by her imprisoners, she swiftly jumped up, climbing out in the light of the day. Gentle early-summer breeze ruffled her hair, reminding about the freedom she'll soon regain.

Her excitement didn't last long as she suddenly realised the battle sounds have quieted down. The entrance of her cell was next to the area where treasure hoarders kept their resources, giant boxes crowded on top of each other. It made a great hiding spot.

As quiet as a mouse in a corner, the girl carefully hid behind one giant box. Someone was walking around, she could hear the steps somewhere next to her hiding spot. She carefully peeked over the corner and had to immediately cover her mouth so she wouldn't gasp and give herself out.