Chapter 31: Honorable Lunch

Charlotte quickly fixed her messy clothes and brushed her hair, getting ready for the lunch. She was quite nervous – does the Traveler still want to see her? Is Lumine now scared of her or even worse – does she hate her?

Deciding to stop overthinking, girl left her bedroom, coming to meet up with her friend who held his bow, investigating the base of it.

"Childe? What's wrong?" she asked confused, not sure why would he pull out his weapon at the time like this.

"Oh, you're ready? Cool, we can go. I was just checking my weapon."

"What about your weapon?" Charlotte couldn't help her curiosity.

"Well, I been wielding this bow ever since I obtained the title of Harbinger and well... You know about my hobbies..." 11th Harbinger chuckled nervously, obviously hinting his bloodlust. "I been using it a lot. It has worn out but... Still usable."

"Oh, I see..." girl nodded. "Well, are we going?"

"Yep, let's go."

They left their apartments, stopping at the reception, just like planned. Childe took a huge amount of mora, ready to buy all items on Liuli pavilion's menu if needed. Pair then left the bank, strolling down the Liyue streets, chatting idly.

"Childe! Zanni!"

Harbingers looked to the direction where the voices came from to see Paimon and Lumine waving to them in the distance. Charlotte felt like someone poured a cold water bucket on her after she saw that next to the Traveler and her sidekick stood the once friendly Wangsheng Funeral Parlor consultant.

"Aha, you two made it!" Childe greeted them as they were close enough. "Hello, uh, Mr.Zhongli?"

"Good day, Childe. I see you took a companion as well." Retired Geo Archon glanced at the brown-haired girl next to 11th Harbinger.

"H-Hello... I hope you don't mind me being here." Charlotte said shyly.

"Of course not! To think about it, it only makes a fair deal! We were planning to have lunch with Childe only, but then invited Zhongli to tag along." Paimon squeaked.

"Yes. If anything, I should be asking if it's alright of me dwelling here. After all, I wasn't invited by the original host who happens to be Childe. Forgive the intrusion." Zhongli's voice was as calm as always.

"No, no. There's no need to apologize. As people say, the more the merrier!" Childe was his cheerful self as always.

"I don't think you'd hear your wallet saying the same thing..." Zanni commented in the sarcastic voice, making Lumine and Zhongli chuckle, while Childe blushed.

"Hey! I promised to treat them to lunch, you know? I was prepared for it!"

"As you say, Tartaglia."

"Hey, let's go take our seats and order already, shall we? Paimon is starving here!"

With those words, they entered the Liuli pavilion, a pair of waiters welcoming them and leading the group to their reserved table. Charlotte took a seat next to her childhood friend, while Lumine sat down next to Zhongli. Paimon was floating around, seat being not necessary for her as she would be too short to reach the table when she sat down anyway.

"So you really are one of the Fatui, Zanni?"

Charlotte sighed.

"Correct, I am... The 12th Harbinger. Zanni, also known as The Last Shadow. Call me as you wish. And uh... I must apologize for everything what happened in the earlier. I just feel like I owe you an apology for lying and pretending as well as the misbehavior yesterday."