Chapter 26: Apology Chase

Childe bandaged himself up the best he could, cleaning the floor and walking out. Young man knew he had to find his friend and apologize immediately.

Girl disappeared without the trace. 11th Harbinger couldn't find a single sign of her being around. Was she still in Liyue? Did she run off to the neighboring nations? Mondstad? Sumeru?

Tartaglia cursed silently, heading to the harbor as this was the last place where he hasn't yet looked. Seeing a familiar face all of sudden, he ran to the famous Traveler and her floating fairy companion.

"Lumine!"

"Huh?! Childe?! Hmph! You have a lotta nerve showing up after what happened!" Paimon crossed her arms on her chest, looking at Childe with disgust.

"What is it you need? A fight, again?" Lumine didn't seem keen about seeing him as well.

"Hey now, I apologized already, haven't I?" Childe rubbed the back of his neck.

"Tch! As if a simple apology could fix things!" Paimon turned around, facing her back on him.

"Listen... I will treat you to a meal later. I just need to ask something." Boy's voice sounded really concerned.

"M-Meal?!" Paimon turned around, her eyes glowing and she nearly drooled. "P-Paimon is listening!"

Tartaglia watched how Lumine face-palmed, disappointed once again about just how easy it was to bribe the magical fairy. She then turned to the Harbinger who nearly destroyed Liyue, sighing.

"What is it you need?" she asked calmly.

"Have you seen Zanni by any chance?"

"Zanni? Aren't you two colleagues of sorts? You should know this better than us!" Paimon's voice sounded surprising.

"I know, yes... After the events back in Northland bank, we... We had an argument and I snapped at her. I know I was rough and I must apologize. Zanni has disappeared ever since and... I just can't find her. Traveler, I know I lost all the trust you placed in me, but may I ask for a favor to help me find her?" Sapphire-colored eyes of his seemed especially soft and worried now.

Paimon and Lumine exchanged confused, maybe even surprised looks.

"So you do have a heart after all?" Paimon smiled. "This is the first time we see you being so caring. Zanni must mean a lot to you, huh?"

"She's my best friend. I was hoping you would understand..." Childe looked away, embarrassed about the entire situation and his actions. "We know each other ever since our childhood... Zanni's always been so kind and soft-hearted to everyone: be it a friend or a stranger. Some wouldn't even believe she's one of the Twelve Fatui Harbingers now... I need to find her..."

Paimon smiled again, looking at the Traveler with a smug look. Lumine responded with a same one.

"Paimon sees what's going on here~"

"Mm-hmm..." Lumine hummed, turning to face Childe. "We will help you find her."

"You have my sincere gratitude." 11th Harbinger thanked, putting his hands in a prayer position. "Thank you."

"You can thank us later by treating us to a hugeee feast in Liuli Pavilion restaurant! Paimon wants large portion of highest-quality, delicious, juicy chunk of sticky honey roast!" floating fairy rubbed her hands together, drooling.

"It's a deal then. As soon as we find Zanni, I will take you-"

"Isn't it her?" Lumine pointed at the dark figure talking to a flowers and candles salesman.

Childe's eyes slightly widened.

"Yes, it is her indeed."

"Huh? What is she doing? Zanni doesn't seems like a girl who likes flowers..."

"That's not important. Thank you for your help Traveler. Let's meet in Liuli Paviolion tomorrow at... 2 pm. Sounds good? Yeah? Okay, see you there!"

Tartaglia ran off as he saw that his target has finished shopping and was now leaving the harbor. He knew he had to hurry before he loses track of her again.

Lumine and Paimon exchanged looks again, smiling at each other. They soon left the Harbor as well, heading to the Wanmin restaurant. After all, it was about time for a dinner and chef Xiangling was most likely already preparing something super delicious.