All Coming to an End

The following Friday, our class president announced that we were going on a class trip to the mountains— camping, to be exact. Everyone jumped up and cheered, excited for their last trip of their high school year. My best friends ran to my desk and surrounded me, already planning their outfits, who's going to sleep beside who... I sat there staring up at them, happy to see them finally smiling after that stressful exam period.

After school, I headed towards the front gate and waited for Jung Hyun. We had one last shoot to do, then we'll be done with our drama. I felt sad all of a sudden. I've really gotten close to all of my co-stars, and they live abroad so I won't be seeing them as much as I'd like anymore. As if my company will allow us to see each other again; the acting industry can be really cruel sometimes. I found myself tearing up, blurring out my vision. I pulled out my script from my backpack and read the last scenes over. A tear rolled down my cheek and dripped onto the paper. I quickly wiped my face before any more tears could ruin my script.

Someone approached and stood in front of me. Before I could look up, I felt their hand on my head, softly stroking my hair. They hushed me and assured me that it is ok to cry, especially over something like this.

I knew this voice all too well— it was Jung Hyun.