Cut! Cut!

I checked my watch: it read 1:45 pm. I looked around, looking for Jin Woo. He told me he would he right back but it's been "25 minutes". Did I just get stood up? I looked into the distance, at the cold, calm waters. The sun was shining so bright, I couldn't help but squint looking ahead. I shielded my eyes with my hand and leaned back and closed my eyes. The weather was beautiful— warm sun, cold breeze, and the smell of the food vendors behind the park made it even better. After a few minutes something blocked the sun from shining on me. I opened my eyes to Jin Woo standing there wearing our backpacks, and holding a couple corn dogs, heavily breathing. I flinched at the sight of him but quickly recovered and grabbed my backpack and the corn dogs from him. I took out some tissues for him to wipe his sweat and a water bottle. He leaned over his knees trying to catch his breath while opening the water bottle. You must've been hungry from waiting for this long, he said. After taking a big gulp of water, he apologized again.

The director stood in front of us blocking the sun and was telling us his scenario for this scene, and rehearsed our lines with us. A crew member slid in and handed us our corn dogs once again, telling us to get ready. We took off our jackets and got into position.

Action! When we finished our food, I got up and went to one of the few food vendors. I looked at the snacks lined up on display at the front of the cart. I asked for the bag of peanuts and sunflower seeds and "paid". I hurriedly went back to the bench I was sitting at and gave some seeds to Jin Woo and pointed at the ducks floating in the water. He smiled and grabbed my hand and we both ran towards them, laughing like little kids. We tossed some peanuts into the water and watched them all rush towards them as if they've never eaten before. I laughed and looked over at him... my smile dropped to a forced smile. Why did I feel bad all of a sudden? My vision started getting blurry, and my head started throbbing.

Last thing I remembered was someone, assuming it was Jin Woo, grabbing me and holding me against him, screaming my name. I also heard a man's voice screaming "CUT! CUT!!" This wasn't part of the script...