Unnecessary Drama

After I recovered from that terribly weak shove to the ground, I stood up and dusted off my uniform. I told them I just got this a couple days ago sarcastically, and they just laughed in a non-mockingly way. Had I come a few minutes later maybe this nonsense bullying wouldn't have happened. I looked at the clock, it read: 7:42am. Great, three more minutes of this and it'll be over. Of course they would notice Jin Woo and I come to school together, they're his stalkers. I scoffed and crossed my arms. He lives in my neighbourhood, he's my neighbour! Isn't it convenient to come to school together? Having a buddy to go to and come home with is safer than one. I didn't dare say those things to them. I kept my mouth shut, but I heard all of my thoughts from a distance.

I put on a straight face, but when it was time for a close-up shot, I smirked.

The first bell rang. You could tell that they wanted to end it there and just head to class. I leaned back on a desk, arms still crossed, and asked them if they were done being stupid and jealous over nothing. They stared at each other for a second before grabbing their backpacks off the floor and running out of the classroom. I exhaled. I didn't realize I was holding my breath all this time. I bent over, trying to contain my anger. It's only been a month and I already have problems with these girls. I shake my head, fixing my uniform and hair and headed out of the room, myself. I was stopped by a hand in my shoulder. I automatically grab them and twist. I turn around and see that it's him. I immediately let go and apologize. He just smiled in pain and asked if I was ok.

Did he see what happened in there? Did he hear anything those girls were saying to me? Or even what I said to them? All these questions... I looked up at him and nodded, and he nodded back. He tapped his watch and said we better get going if we don't want to be late, before grabbing my hand and dragging me, running to the end of the right wing.

Again, I entered the classroom by myself, with him coming in shortly after. I sat down at my desk and got my stationary ready, keeping Jin Woo in the corner of my eye. I caught him looking at me— our eyes met and he gave me a small nod before giving his friend, Dongwoo, a note to pass to me. He quickly passed it to me before our homeroom teacher walked in.

'Meet me at our river spot at lunch time.' it read. My heart skipped a beat. Our river spot. I smiled to myself and folded the note neatly and placed it in my uniform cardigan pocket.

I look back at him and returned the small nod.