Promise

Marcus left me in my bedroom and I finally had some time alone.

I am wondering what my mum is doing. With all these things happening lately I never got the chance to call her and talk to her.
She is abroad hiding from a Mafia that is looking for her and I was supposed to go on a mission with Stefano in order to bring her back, but then Thiago's Mafia attacked us.
She has no idea about what is happening. I think she would be very disappointed if she knew we joined his mafia.
She loved Stefano so much and I understand. But I didn't have a choice. I couldn't let all these people die and after all, I am still looking for revenge.
I wish things could go back to normal, but it is impossible.
I guess I'll have to get used to it and see the bright side.

I let all these thoughts consume me for a while and then decided to call my mum.
I looked outside through the window as I dialed her number.

"Oh hi sweetheart, how are you? You had a long time to call me. Is everything alright?" she asked worriedly.

"Hey mum. Um yeah..honestly, the last few days have been rough" I said.

I explained to her everything that had happened during this week and of course she was shocked.
However, she didn't get mad at me for agreeing to join Thiago's Mafia. She understood that I didn't have a choice but she was still worried about me and the other members.
She didn't trust Thiago and neither did I.

"Okay honey, I think you should get some rest. Be careful and call me tomorrow" she said with a soft voice.

"Yes mum, don't worry. I'll be fine" I said after a little.

"Remember that I am very proud of the woman you've become, Skyler. You are the most precious thing I've got. I don't know what I would do without you and I'm sorry that I am not there for you. You know I don't have a choice" she said.
I could hear her crying.

"Thank you for everything mom and don't worry. I understand. I will try to bring you back home.I love you. Be safe" I said trying to hold back my tears.

"Goodnight sweetie" she whispered and hang up.
I sat there looking through the window as the tears were now rolling down my cheeks.
I have missed her so much.
I am not usually like this because I don't want to seem weak. But this is too much.
I don't want to lose her like Stefano and now that she is abroad I feel like I can't protect her.

I let out a sigh, wiped my tears and turned around to head towards my bed but I bumped into someone's chest.
I looked up and shit, it was Thiago.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked while trying to avoid eye contact.
I am sure my eyes are red and puffy right now and I don't want him to see me like this. He will think that I am a weak little toy for him to play with.

"Not long. I came to see how your shoulder is but you were talking on the phone. What's wrong?" he asked with a deep voice.

"Hasn't anyone told you that it's rude to walk into people's rooms without knocking?" I asked in order to not answer to his question still not looking at him.

"Skyler, look at me" he said with a serious tone and grabbed my chin forcing me to look up.
When his dark eyes met mine his face softened.

"Why are you crying? What's wrong?" he asked with a soft voice this time.

"Why are you asking Thiago?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said yourself that you don't care about anything else except my skills. So, why are you asking?" I snapped at him.
He didn't answer.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

"Okay then, I'm going to sleep" I mumbled and headed towards my bed but he grabbed my hand.

"Skyler for once, put your ego aside and open up to me. I can see you're not good" he said while pulling me close to him.

"And why should I open up to you Rodriguez? You are just taking advantage of me and my mafia" I said seriously.

"Well, maybe because I am the best human in the world, I am hot and always willing to help my fighters" he said ironically an then winked causing me to laugh.

"Yeah right" I murmured.

"So? Do you want to tell me? Maybe I can help" he shrugged.

Well, he has a point.
Even though I want to argue with him and I don't want to reveal my weaknesses, maybe he can help and bring my mom home.
I know he is not known for his kindness and compassion but I have nothing to lose.

"It was my mum on the phone. I just miss her. She is hiding from a mafia for a long time now and I am worried. I don't want to lose her" I admitted.

"That's why you were crying?" he asked.

"Yes" I answered.

"God you scared me. I thought it was something serious"he said and I gave him a death stare.
"Not that your mum isn't serious of course. But it is easy for me to fix it" he said trying to save his ass.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. Tomorrow I will get Hector to arrange this and your mum will come back" he said playfully.

"Oh my God. Thank you Thiago" I said and smiled at him.
I didn't think it was going to be so easy.
I hope he isn't playing with me right now. If he dares to hurt my mum I will kill him.

"If you hurt her I will never forgive you. She's the only thing I've got left"I said in a serious tone.

"I won't. I promise. After all, you belong in my mafia now and our rule here is to always have each other's back. Even though you get on my nerves, I have to" he said.

"Thank you. Honestly" I said.

"Okay, now you really need to get some rest" he said and headed outside.

"Goodnight" I mumbled and laid on my bed.

Wow I didn't expect this kindness from him considering that he had me tied up in a chair a few days ago.
But he is right.
This is my mafia now.