Arrow

Skyler's POV :

It was midnight and I was sitting alone in my bedroom as everyone had gone to the ball.
I heard noises coming from outside.
I instantly grabbed a gun, as I belonged in the most powerful Mafia and attacks from enemies were a common thing in our lives.
"Now!" a stranger suddenly shouted.
Then, everything exploded and I froze.
I tried to cover my face with my hands and I called Marcus, the right hand of the boss and a friend of mine, to get help.
I headed downstairs. Many of our guards were dead or badly injured. Then, I saw Stefano, the boss of the Mafia, laying on the floor covered in blood.

"Boss, what happened? Who did this to you?" I asked panicked with everything that was happening and looked around worrieddly for any traces of another grenade that was going to explode.

"Skyler, you are my best fighter, you are my arrow. Please look after your mom and take revenge for me" Stefano whispered as he wiped off the blood on my scratched, from the glasses, cheek.

"No, no Stefano please stay with me. Help is on the way. Just keep your eyes open for a bit. Please." I yelled while tears started filling up my eyes.

"It's too late, please be careful Skyler. You and your mother are the only people I care about. When you find the truth don't be disappointed in me and don't forget me. Stay safe. Please." Stefano whispered trying not to close his eyes.

"No, we need you. Stay with me." I shouted.

I saw the members of the Mafia and an ambulance running to the house but it was too late. His eyes were closed. Forever.
I was sitting there, on the floor, holding Stefano's hand and trying to hold back my tears.

"Skyler, what happened? Are you okay?" Marcus asked shocked.

"A Mafia attacked us. I couldn't save him. He's gone.. He's gone Marcus" I sobbed, as some of the guards that had just arrived, took Stefano's body and put it in the ambulance.

"Skyler you're bleeding. You have to go to the hospital" Marcus said calmly, yet with a worrying tone in his voice.

"No, I'm fine. We need to find those bastards that attacked us" I snapped at him and got up.
As soon as I stood up on my feet, the pain kicked in and I felt light headed. Marcus held me in his arms.
I lost consciousness and I woke up in the hospital.

I saw Marcus on a chair who had just fallen asleep, judging by the cup of hot coffee he was holding. I couldn't move my aching body so I was stuck in a bed, with my thoughts.

I hadn't processed the things Stefano has said because I only wanted to save him. I still can't believe he's gone but now his words are starting to flood my head.

I remember him saying that the only people he cares about was me and my mother and that I should take care of her. Why did he care about us?

I always felt like I had a deeper connection with him but it was because he was training me and we were spending a lot of time together. He taught me how to shoot an arrow, how to fight, how to be strong. But what made him care about me; I was just his fighter and he was my boss.

And my mother?
He hardly even knew my mother. It is a matter of fact that he had seen her 3 times in his life when I was younger and she was also a fighter.

He said I was his arrow and his best fighter. I mean I know I am one of his best fighters but not the best, I thought it was Marcus or at least Felix. Am I so special?

An hour had passed and I was trying to fall asleep when I heard Stefano's voice in my head. "When you find the truth out don't be disappointed in me"

What the hell was that? What truth and why should I be disappointed?
I am so confused my head hurts.
I should probably rest.