Selfish

We dashed into one of the empty locker rooms and Thiago closed the door behind us.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT THIAGO?!" I yelled at him. "You saw I was winning the fight and wanted to embarrass me. Why do you always have to ruin everything? Just because you think you are better that everyone doesn't mean I have to settle down and do as you like!" I continued to yell at him.

He was so selfish and for what? I am not that powerful to ruin his reputation, I was just trying to show my worth. Is that bad?

"Goshh Skyler" he sighed. " How can you be hurt that bad and still get on my nerves? YOU'RE FUCKNG BLEEDING" he shouted at me, even though he was trying not to lose his temper.
"I am just trying to help you stay alive, I am not selfish!" he continued as he looked at my covered in blood shoulder and hand.

I was so caught up with the fight that I didn't notice how bad I was hurt. At least someone did.
But wait. Why does he care?
Oh of course. He needs me in his mafia, I am the Mafia's arrow , as they say.
I'm so tired of people wanting me for my skills and not my inner world. They don't even care.

"Oh I- thank you" I murmured and stretched out my hand to grab the bandage.

"Let me help you" Thiago said as he took a wipe and came closer to me.

"I am not a baby, I can do it myself" I assured him and not long after I felt him pulling my hand.
He held my wrist so tight I couldn't move and looked me straight in the eye.

"Can you just shut your mouth for a minute and admit you are wrong?" he asked and focused on sterilising my injury.

I didn't say anything, I just let him do his job and leave me alone.
He was right and I hated it.
I hate it when I am not right.
A few minutes of silence had passed and Thiago was done.

"Why do you care?" I asked while my head was still lowered.

"What do you mean? You're one of the best fighters, I need you alive and in good shape" he said with a confused look.
I raised my head and looked at him.

"Only that?" I asked, feeling the anger filling me up.

"Is there something else I should care about?" he asked me calmly but still confused.

I didn't know what to answer. Why did I even said that? "Only that?" what the heck?! What else should he care for we met three days ago and he's not like the best person in the world.
I hate him.

I stood up and walked out of the room full of anger even though I didn't know why.
I didn't say anything to Thiago but as I reached the door I thought maybe I should tell him something, in the end of the day he took care of me and made sure I was okay.
I turned around and as I opened my mouth to say thank you, Thiago's eyes light up and he said "Anytime, fighter" and gave me a smile.

I meeeaaan, he knows how to be cute but that doesn't make him less nerve racking.

I walked out of the locker room and rushed through the hallway. All I wanted was to be alone in my bed.

"Hey" I heard Marcus saying behind me. "Are you good? There was a lot of blood" he asked me nervously.

"Yes I'm alright. I took care of the wound but I am really tired I need some rest" I almost whispered.
"How was training? Did you show them who we are?" I asked more lively while making my way to my room. Marcus followed.

"Oh, I sure did. I beat that bastard Derek so hard he begged me to stop" he said proudly.
I chuckled.
"Don't be mad at him Marc, you know he didn't mean to hurt me that bad"

"I know but still. No one gets to hurt you or else he'll have to deal with me"

"Oh pleasee" I rolled my eyes while smiling "You know I can beat anyone on my own".

"Didn't seem like that earlier" Marcus smirked.
We both laughed.
Marcus and I have a special bond. He knows how to cheer me up and always supports me.
I know him better that anyone and always help him with his problems.
I don't know what I would do without him.
We finally arrived to my room and got in.

"So that's where you live now huh" Marcus asked while looking around.
"I would also agree to join another mafia if I had to stay here" he teased me.

"Don't worry, you can visit me anytime" I teased him back.

We turned and smiled at each other.

"But now, I think you should go. I don't know how I'm still standing, really" I said while opening the door.

"Oh yeah sure" Marcus said and walked out of the door.
"Hey, your mum would be really proud if she saw you today" he said before going away.

Oh my god, my mum.

Hey guys, that's a biiig chapter! Let us know how is our book so far and comment any suggestions you have.
xo xo 💋