chapter 30 • being a villain as he did about loving cherry

Start from the beginning

now, the home was silent.

cherry and colby quietly snuck up the stairs, going into his bedroom.

colby shut the door, and his window.

the rain harshly pattered against the window.

he took a seat on the bed, motioning cherry to sit next to him.

"what happened?" colby asked.

cherry sniffled, trying to concentrate.

they sat in the room silently for a couple of minutes.

"are you cold?" colby asked.

she nodded her head.

he set a hand on her wet hair.

"go take a shower. i'll lend you more of my clothes."

cherry took a shower as quickly as she could, while colby struggled to get his clothes to her.

after 15 minutes, she stepped back out.

colby moved over, and cherry took a seat on the bed.

"do you wanna talk about it?" colby asked.

the words poured out of cherry's mouth instantly.

"my ex boyfriend keeps texting me and it's so annoying, because i hate him so much, but i can't stop myself from replying to him. i always do. he takes pictures with his girlfriend, and i get so mad. how could he change for her? why did he treat me like shit? after 2 years?" she ranted.

"your ex-boyfriends stupid." colby comforted. "he probably smells."

"he's obsessed with you. it's weird how often he's texting you, when you guys have been broken up for a while, and he has a girlfriend."

"i know. but i hate him so much."

"he was never gonna be a good boyfriend to you if he wasted two years of your life."

"i know. and it's so embarrassing that i spent two years of my life with him."

"he doesn't deserve you."

cherry stared down at the large graphic t-shirt and sweats.

for no reason at all, colby had co-ordinated the outfit. it made cherry laugh.

"i just feel so stupid." cherry continued.

colby nodded his head.

his eyes were focused on her lips.

he wanted to kiss her so badly. he couldn't function anymore. he needed to kiss her.

he believed that she was his soulmate.

she was the opposite piece to his heart. she was good and he was evil.

"there's so much going on in your life. so many important things. you're famous! there's a bunch of cool stuff for you to love." colby did his best to be emotional.

"i love jell-o. i love cargo pants! i love yo- the rain!" he listed, motioning to the window. "i love the rain!"

cherry laughed, assuming it was a joke.

"anyways. you're really cool. he sucks for losing you. i'll beat him up." colby offered.

"please do." cherry tried to smile.

colby smiled back.

he could hear his heart speed up. he wondered how cherry would react if he said that he loved her.

would she push him away? would she say she felt the same?

should he push her away? would he hurt her by confessing?

she was his best friend.

they needed each-other to live. cherry couldn't live if colby wasn't talking to her.

her worst fear was him hating her again.

they relied on each-other for comfort. they couldn't exist without each other.

but maybe one day, they'd be forced too.

he was always destined to be a villain. would that put cherry in danger?

yes.

but he was so tired of not being a villain. he couldn't pick between the two.

no matter how much he wanted to be a villain, he wasn't invincible and emotionless. he'd fallen in love with his enemy.

he prayed that the future he was meant for wouldn't hurt cherry.

for them to ever be together safely, they'd both have do give up their identities.

cherry wouldn't be able to be cupid.

and colby wouldn't ever get to be a villain.

the flowers outside of colby's window were decorated with droplets of rain.

the full moon lit up the sky.

almost everything was perfect.

except their relationship.

colby had been alive for 13 years, and not once did he get to be a villain.

there was a void inside him.

he needed to fill it.

he didn't know with what.

would being a villain satisfy all his problems? he got to wear the costume once.

he felt truly himself.

he wanted that feeling back.

he needed it.

every night, he tried to decide what he wanted; what was meant for him.

but he could never figure it out.

did he want cherry?

would he give up being a villain to be with her? would he shove his dreams aside?

because they wouldn't be able to be together unless one of them did.

he had the feeling of love pound in his heart before.
with cherry.

he didn't know what he wanted anymore. but he knew he'd felt the feeling before.

he felt the same way about being a villain as he did about loving cherry.

he needed it.

he was desperate to be evil.

and here he was, comforting her.

how would he react to finding out she was a superhero?

would he still be willing to let go of his villain dream?