"why?"

"I'll explain it to you later."

As soon as Xu Zhao finished speaking, there was a sudden dog barking from the greenhouse. It was extremely loud and fierce. Xu Zhao and Dazhuang's father were startled at the same time and ran out of the back door. They saw a figure approaching the vegetable greenhouse. The dog chased and ran towards the dirt road, but the vicinity of the vegetable greenhouse was too slippery, and the figure fell directly to the ground, afraid of being bitten by the dog. The figure climbed up neatly and ran.

At this moment, Xu Zhao suddenly turned on the flashlight in his hand and walked towards the figure quickly.

Xu Zuocheng!

Dad Dazhuang recognized it and was shocked. He was about to shout, but Xu Zhao immediately stopped and said, "Don't shout, listen to me!"

Dad Zhuang was taken aback.

Xu Zhao didn't have time to explain, so he took the flashlight and shouted as he walked towards Xu Zuocheng, "Who? Is it the one who stole the food? Ah! Thief! There are thieves!"

Xu Zhao's voice is not small, especially in the quiet night, it is very clear, he suddenly panicked Xu Zuocheng, he was running towards the house, but at this time he hurriedly turned and ran in the opposite direction, but he didn't expect that there was a road beside him. Xiaoshuigou, Xu Zhao chose this land to build a vegetable greenhouse, not only because it was close to his home, but also because it was close to the ditch, which was convenient for irrigation.

But Xu Zuocheng was so panicked that he didn't even look at it, so he ran and plunged into the cold ditch.

"Crash" sound!

Dazhuang's father immediately wanted to arrest him when he saw the situation.

Xu Zhao once again held Dad Zhuang back.

Dad Dazhuang looked at Xu Zhao suspiciously.

Xu Zhao grabbed Dazhuang's father's arm in one hand and a flashlight in the other, then pretended to be afraid, and shouted loudly, "There are thieves! There are thieves! Catch the thieves!"

Followed by deliberately standing on the road to Xu Zuocheng's house, watching Xu Zuocheng crawling out of the ditch covered in water, and then quickly ran to the endless fields, Xu Zhao only pulled Dazhuang's father to chase at this time, After chasing him for a while, he and Dad Dazhuang returned to the village. Many men and women in the village were woken up and came to inquire about the situation with kerosene lamps and lanterns, including the village chief.

"Xu Zhao, where's the thief?" the village chief asked anxiously.

With a look of anger and fear on his face, Xu Zhao recounted what happened, never mentioning Xu Zuocheng's name, but only said that the thief took a large pumpkin planted in front of the house, causing the villagers to sigh for a while.

The village chief asked in a serious tone, "Have you seen who it is?"

Dazhuang's father was just about to speak, but Xu Zhao grabbed him, and Xu Zhao opened his mouth and replied, "No."

"Don't people outside the village see clearly?" the village chief asked again.

"It's too dark to see clearly." Xu Zhao said solemnly, "However, I believe that the people in our village are all good villagers, and they should be outsiders."

"Too hateful! How dare you steal into my Nanwan Village!" The village chief said through gritted teeth, and took a few strong men to the fields to search for another half an hour, and returned to the vegetable greenhouse with nothing to discuss with everyone. Fan, angrily expressed that the next time you encounter someone who comes to steal things from the village, no matter who it is, beat him to death, don’t beat him to death, beat someone with a broken leg and a broken hand, and send him to the police station!