CHAPTER 31❤️

The day after
*Mature content*

I wasn't sure what time in the morning it was but when someone phone rang I was so frustrated and annoyed. I pulled the covers closer to my body then slowly turned so my back would be facing Luke. The phone rang again and I felt Luke shift then pulled me closer to him.

"Make it stop." I mumbled to him. He reached over and looked at the phone then looked at me.
"It's Loreen, and you have about 15 missed calls from her and couple messages." I could still hear how exhausted he was and it kills me knowing his sleep was ruined.
"Someone better be dying." I said sending off the call.

She answered on the first ring and started speaking about a client and how urgent the matter is, I was still half asleep so my head wasn't all that clear. Normally when I  get a call from work I would be up and ready to go but this baby had me feeling like I worked a 48 hour shift lifting a lot of load.

I tried not to doze off while Loreen explain the situation to me and demanding I get there because she can't do this by herself. I slowly pulled myself out of bed and pulled on the warmest work attire I had.

Luke got up and I told him to go back to bed because he will be traveling in the next few hours and he needed his rest.

"I won't be able to sleep knowing you're out there." He said sitting at the edge of the bed. I walked over to him and held his hands in mine.
"I'll be okay hon, when I get there I'll make sure to text or call you." I said then walked off to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face and then catch my hair in one leaving a big puff at the back. I went back to the room and put my watch on and grabbed the rest of my things by the time I was finished Luke was fast asleep.

I quietly leave the room and went downstairs where I saw few persons in the kitchen. El spot me and smiled calling me in, I slowly walked into the kitchen telling everyone Good Morning.

"Going to work." She asked
"Emergency call and I'm not fully awake how am I going to do this." I said to her.
"We have tea maybe a cup will help." She said pouring out a cup.
"Thank you so much." I took the tea and muffin and bid my goodbyes.

I looked in the garage seeing which one of the cars was at the exit so I could take that key. I searched for the key on the key holder and then I was on my way.

When I got the office I took my other half of muffin and entered to building. I ate it on my way to my office not caring if I was being stared at, I was fully awake now and ready to get this over with.

I entered my office seeing four unfamiliar faces and Loreen looking just as tired as I am.

"Good morning, I'm Ziola Johnson nice meeting you all." I said shaking their hands.
"Good morning, May Smith and these guys are my bodyguards." The lady said looking at me closely.
"Alright let's get started how may I help you?" I asked.

"Well the father of my child is in some weird gang thing and I need full custody of my child before something goes wrong and my baby boy is trapped in between the things they do." She explained
"And why did you choose me to represent you?" I asked her.
"Because I heard you are the best around here and I really need to win custody."

I looked at Loreen who was giving me a weird look so I excused us from the room and pulled her into the bedroom.

"Is there something wrong, why are you looking like that?" I asked her
" I don't think you should take this case it is way too dangerous." She explained. I was already thinking about declining the offer but I would recommend someone to them.
"I know , but I'm still going to help." With that we left the bedroom and went back into my office.