Chapter 16: The Deal

Börja om från början

"No, No you didn't run this time Eddie" Dustin says. "You're gonna have to look after those little sheep for me okay Henderson?" Eddie says. With my eyes still closed I feel him grip my hand tighter. "No! You're gonna do that yourself" Dustin states firmly.

"No man" I feel Eddie shake his head and Dustin's sobs begin to sound louder. "Just say you will ok?"

Dustin takes a deep breath through his cries and nods. "I'll look after them" he whispers.

I feel Eddie let go of my hand and bring his hand to my cheek. I shake my head and keep my eyes closed tightly. "Please look at me" he whispers.

I open my eyes and a few tears fall from them.
  "I love you too, it's never too early to say it. Only too late...and I refuse to be too late, my princess Gracie" he groans and his eyes slowly start to close.

"No Eddie, don't you even think about it" I say firmly and they open again. "We have that date? Remember?" I sob. "I was gonna teach you how to drum"

He laughs. "And I was gonna teach you how to play guitar" I nod to his answer. "We will still go on our date...Friday...I promise" he states. Her turns to Dustin and smiles, nodding his head towards me.

"I think it's finally my year Henderson" He states. Dustin laughs through his cries and nods. "I love you Dustin" Eddie says. Dustin shakes his head. "I love you too" he answers quietly.

Eddie coughs again this time blood comes out with the cough. "Eddie..." Dustin whispers. I shake my head and grab his hand again. "Eddie no, Eddie please no. Don't leave..." I beg.

Eddie's head slowly turns as we hear him take his last breath.

"Don't you die on us Munson!" I scream into his chest. "No!"

The world feels like it's at a halt. Only this moment is moving. I shake my head as tears pool out of my eyes. He promised...

"No..." I whisper. I stop crying and sit up. "No!" I yell. I kick his bike and it crashed into a near by trash can.

"No!" I scream louder then ever. "Why?" I whisper. My entire body feels like it's on fire. The pain in my head is only getting worse. I stop and fall to the ground. I hear a loud bang ring through my ears.

I feel something start to go through my shirt. I look down and see blood. It almost looks like I've been shot. But it doesn't hurt

I look up and everything is gone. The trailer park, Dustin...Eddie.

Everything is just pitch black. I turn around and see a small blue light pulsing...as I watch it, the light slowly starts to go out.

I hear the same clock that I've heard countless of times ring again. This time four chimes.

My heart drops as I hear the final ring. "Max" I whisper.

I hear something loud behind me so I quickly turn.
  My eyes go wide and fear floods through me.

"Please I'll do anything..." I beg.

"Please!"

~~~~~~~

The ground starts to shake and I'm back in the upside down. I see Dustin above me shaking me awake. "Thank god you're ok, I thought I lost you too" He states, tears still falling from his eyes.

I grab his hand and start to run towards the gate.
"We have to leave!" I yell. "What about Eddie?" Dustin says and stops.

"He- he'll be ok, it will be fine" I say. No more tears have fallen. Things will be ok. I've made sure of it.

"Grace No! We can't leave him!" Dustin states. "Dustin! If we don't go, We. Will. Die." I explain.

He nods as the shaking gets worse. We make it inside and I help Dustin up. He makes it through and lands on his side making him wince in pain. Before I can jump up the gate seems to be getting larger. We both watch as it starts to move towards town.

I quickly jump through the new formed gate and land on the other side.

Dustin takes my hand and places Eddie's black bandana in the palm of my hand. "Thanks.." I say with a sad tone.

Hopefully this really works out...otherwise everything I've given up was for nothing.

.
.
.
Two Updates in one day?!

Who am I?

Lmao, this was a...chapter...definitely. Hope you all have enjoyed this book so far. It's been really fun writing it. Hope you all are having a great day, <3