Chapter 5: Babysitters Club

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

Grace Harrington

I take a drink from the cup of water Nancy gave me as we wait for what's next. Steve picked me up this morning to help him watch Max and the others. Not that he needs much help, they're not kids anymore.

Dustin and Lucas are in the corner of the room looking at something they found in one of mikes old boxes, Max is in the other side of the room writing something while sitting at a desk.

Steve hasn't moved from my side since we got here, and he hasn't taken his eyes off Max either.

  "Grace?" Steve speaks in a low voice. I look over at him and nod. "I feel like, a lot of bad shit is about to go down. And I need you to promise me something" He states.

I shake my head "Nothing bad is going to happen, we're gonna figure-" he cuts me off angrily. "No! I need you to promise me this Grace." I nod and let him speak.

"If anything happens Grace...to me, I need you to promise me you'll get out of that house." I sit on what he says for awhile and shake my head. "Nothing will happen to you Steve. I swear on it. We will get out...together" I argue and place my hand over his.

He nods and rests his head on the top of mine. "I like this Eddie guy" he mumbles. I furrow my brows. "A lot better than Billy..." he whispers that part in hopes of Max not hearing.

I lightly smile and nod. "You've got nothing to worry about Steve-" he cuts me off with a laugh.

I leave it at that and shut my eyes for a moment. A moment turns into minutes and minutes turn into an hour.

    I wake up abruptly at the sound of running down the stairs. I look up and see Robin and Nancy sprint down the steps.

"Guys!" Robin yells. "We've got a plan"

Nancy opens up a file and lays it on the table. We all stand next to them to see what this is about. Max stays in her spot by the desk. Continuing to write.

"Thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the university of Notre Dame" Robin explains.

"I'm now Ruth" Nancy says.

"And I'm Rose" Robin adds.

"Ruth?" Steve questions Nancy. She smiles and shrugs. Dustin reads over the file and nods. "Nice GPA Ruth" he jokes. "Thanks" Nancy smiles.