Chapter 2: Vecna's Curse

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

Grace Harrington

My hands are shaking while I hold my now cold cup of tea. I haven't moved from the spot on Max's couch since max found me outside.

It's now seven in the morning. I still haven't spoken a word to Max.
Max has no idea of the things I saw last night. I have no intention of telling her either. This will be too much for Max. Especially with everything going on.

"Grace? Can I get you anything else" Max says softly. I still don't say a word. My eyes stay focused on the coffee table in front of me. I'm not even sure the last time I blinked. My fear of seeing Chrissy anytime I closes my eyes is too strong.

"Can you tell me what happened last night Grace" Max says and sits next to me.

11 hours ago

"Holy fuck!"

"Fuck."

"Fuck."

Grace screamed. She quickly closed Eddie's door. Trying to process everything. "What, the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck." She whispered.

She heard something walk towards her. She jumped towards her car in fear before seeing it was just Max. "Grace, was it you who screamed? I didn't hear your car leave so I needed to make sure you were ok" She mumbled.

Grace couldn't hear her. Her eyes traveled everywhere. The cold air of night dried up her tears so max couldn't see them.

"We should go inside Grace" Max stated and took Graces arm.

I close my eyes momentarily trying to push away the reminders of last night.

I stand up and look down at max while she sits on her own sofa. "I need to leave. I have to get Steve's car back to him" I state.

Max furrows her brows and nods. "Do you want me to come?" She asks. I shake my head. "No I'm alright. See you later"

I walk outside her trailer and see police cars everywhere. They haven't gone inside Eddie's yet.
I hear max follow me and I turn to her. "I'm sure everything is fine just go back inside Max" I warn.
  Max looks behind me at all the police cars then nods.

She heads back inside and closes the door.

I make my way to my brothers car and I unlock it.
  "Miss" I hear from behind me. The sudden voice causes me to jump, then drop the keys.
"Sorry miss, didn't mean to frighten you. Have you been here all night ma'am?" The officer asks.

I swallow, look up at him and nod. "Did you hear, or see anything odd since late last night?" He asks and crosses his arms over his chest.

"N-no sir, I did not. Sorry" I say and open my car door setting the keys on the seat. "Sir I'm really late for something. Sorry I can't be anymore help" I state.