Chapter 4: Opening Up

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

Grace Harrington

Max led everyone towards the hallway, we stopped just before the wall where the clock just was. "It was right here, and it felt so real...I don't know how to explain it. It was just, it was too real" She explains.

"The clock, I've heard it before...I can't remember where but I have" I explain.
  "That was my first time hearing it" Max states and holds her head down.

"Whatever- it doesn't matter right now. What does this mean...all of this?" Nancy asks. We all stay silent unsure of how to answer.

"She looked like exactly how Eddie described Chrissy" Dustin mumbles.

  Everyone sits around the desk the files are on. Max opens them up and points to words scribbled onto the papers.

"Both Fred and Chrissy came to Ms. Kelly for help, they both had headaches, bad ones. T-then the nightmares...trouble sleeping, they'd wake up in a cold sweat, T-then they both started seeing things... bad things relating to their pasts." Max explains.

"The things they saw got worse and worse until they became real" She adds. "And then they died".

"Vecnas Curse" Robin whispers.

   "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago, Fred's six days ago...and mine started five days ago"

I look over and Steve and his eyes are closed tightly. He places his hand over his mouth and shakes his head.

"All I know is that both Chrissy and Fred died sometime twenty four hours after their first vision...and I just had mine with the damn clock" Max states.

"I don't know why or how, but Grace has been able to see mine and Fred's visions. She's even been able to hear him" Max adds and looks over at me.

"but it was only Fred and Max not Chrissy...why is that?" Nancy asks. "Maybe because she was near them?" Robin answers.

"Yea but I wasn't that far from Chrissy, and Fred was actually farther...-" I pause for a moment. I remember where I heard the clock from.

I remember.

"I- I know where I heard the clock from. I tried to forget that night completely but I remember. I remember a lot of the times I heard the clock actually" I start. "The first time was a few years ago in the upside down...it sounded far but I remember it. The most recent was at Max's when Chrissy died. I remember walking up to her house and hearing it. I thought I was going crazy because- because I've been having nightmares for a few years...and that clock always seems to be in the dreams" I explain.

"So you can hear Vecna, know who is next victim is and see what the victims are seeing while in the trance?" Dustin asks. I nod.

"But why? I still don't understand?" Steve adds in. I look over at him and his face is full of worry. Steve has always been protective of me, and now max. It's just always in his nature to be the big brother. And I'm so thankful for him...but ill never let him know that.