Chapter 7: The Blue Light

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

Grace Harrington

I open my eyes and slowly look around me. I stretch before getting up trying to work out all the kinks in my neck from sleeping uncomfortably in a boat with someone next to me.

I look around as I sit up and see I'm alone. It takes me a minute to realize Eddie is supposed to be in here. I jump up and run out the door. I look around and see no one. I look at the lake and see a few fishermen on the water probably trying to catch some early morning fish.

"Eddie?" I loudly whisper. No answer. I run up to the house before me, hoping he's in there. I rush up to the back door and open it quietly.

I walk in and see a dirty pot on the stove. I sigh in relief. Good he's been here.

I furrow my brows when I hear a loud noise from the back room. I walk towards it and peak my head in the door. I don't see anyone so I walk back out and head towards the living room.

I turn back around and see Eddie standing in the doorway of the bedroom I just looked into. I jump and hold my chest in fear. "Holy shit Eddie!" I yell.

I open my eyes and see he's just in a towel. My jaw slowly opens and my eyes travel up and down his wet, dripping body. The towel is loosely around his waist and his hair is wet behind his back. His bangs lay on his forehead sticking from the water. Drops of water trickle down his torso down to his towel.

"You just gonna stare or do something about it" He says snapping me out of my gaze. "What?" I ask and lightly laugh. I turn wanting to give him some privacy.

"I didn't mean to scare you princess Gracie, I just needed a shower" He states "I also washed my clothes while I did."

I hear him walk towards me and my body tenses when I feel the heat of his body near mine. "I- was it nice?" I ask. Why the fuck did I ask that.

"Was what nice?" He asks and moves a strand of hair behind my neck still standing behind me. "Your shower?"

"I would have enjoyed it more with some company" he states. I lightly laugh and move away from him. "Get some clothes on Ed"

He smiles and walks back into the bedroom.

What was all that?

I take a deep breath out and run my hands through my hair. Shit I probably look like a fucking mess.

He walks back out a few minutes later fully clothed with his usual leather jacket on. He holds his Jean jacket over his arm. "Have you heard from Nancy or Steve?" I asked