Chapter 3: Blanket

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

Grace Harrington

My legs are crossed while sitting on a chair that's near the door of the boat house. Steve, Robin, Max and Dustin left me to watch out for Eddie while they get him some supplies.
  I don't mind, but I haven't slept in awhile so I'm fighting to keep myself awake.

I look over at Eddie and see him staring at me. "What?" I ask. He snaps out of his gaze and looks away.

"Sorry" he laughs. "Zoned out for a sec"

I nod.

"Grace?" He says. I look over at him and he looks at me again. "Are you sure you're ok? I mean last night you seemed really freaked". I sigh and nod my head. "I'm alright, just think I scared myself" I laugh.

He nods. "Well I'm here if you want to talk. I know we don't really know each other that well, but Dustin told me that you were one of the only ones who really believed I didn't do anything to Chrissy" He states. I smile and nod.

"I knew you didn't, they way you were with her. I knew you couldn't hurt her. And I know you wouldn't have" I state. I see a small smile form on his lips.

I smile as well and turn away.

"Can I ask you something" He says. I nod.
   "Your boyfriend last year, Billy? Did he really die in a mall fire?" My eyes slightly go wide. That's definitely not what I was expecting him to ask me.

I look down at my hands that are rested in my lap then back at his face. I shake my head and close my eyes for a second. "What is taking them so long? Im literally so exhausted".

"You can sleep if you want," He states "I have my beer bottle to protect us if you do" he adds and holds up the broken bottle with an added laugh.

"I might just take up that offer" I joke and shift in my seat. Eddie stands up and walks over to the desk next to me. He lifts up a blanket from the table and drapes it over my legs. "It's kind of cold in here" he says with a small smile.

"Thank you Eddie" I say. He nods and starts to walk back to his spot. Before he does I reach for his arm. Once my hand touches his wrist he slightly jumps. "I-I'm so sorry" I say with a sad tone.

"It's alright, I'm sorry. I guess I'm still a little jumpy" he jokes. He sits down next to me and leans a little closer to me.

"Is it ok if I rest my head on you?" I say as my eyes start to close slowly. "Of course"

I lean my head on his shoulder and my eyes fully close. I start slowly drifting to sleep when I hear him say something. I wish I could hear what it was. But I was already fast asleep.

I wake up to a loud noise outside. "Gracie" Eddie whispers and taps my shoulder. I slowly get up and look around me realizing where I am. "What is it? How long have I been asleep?" I say frantically.