Chapter 6: Drummer and Strummer

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

Grace Harrington

I walk down the aisle and I push the shopping cart, my tired eyes are starting to burn so I rub them. I quickly grab a few things from the shelving and toss them into my basket.

I turn the corner and walk down the frozen section of the store. I walk past the frozen dinner meals and stop at the ice cream. I reach for the strawberry ice cream and place it in the cart.

"Harrington... what are you doing here so late?" I hear from behind me. I turn and see Jason and his idiot friends. "Shopping, clearly" I snap and turn back around.

I try and hold my cart in front of my slightly so they don't see everything I've gotten.

"Beer, Shaving cream, snacks?" Jason mumbles.
    "Interesting cart you've got there Harrington"

I roll my eyes and face him. "Steve needed stuff" I shrug. Jason nods. "You know Dustin Henderson right?" He asks and moves a little closer to me.

I furrow my brows and start to slowly walk away from them. "I guess, why?"

"Well, he's hiding someone we know to be dangerous" Jason answers. "Do you know anything about that?" My body tenses up. It's fine. Everything will be fine.

"Nope, I hardly know that kid" I laugh. Jason nods.
  "You wouldn't lie to me right, Harrington?"

I shake my head. "I don't like you, but I wouldn't lie to you" I state. He laughs and moves closer to me. He moves a strand of my hair behind my ear and tells me good night.

Right as they leave I breathe out a heavy breath I wasn't sure I was holding in.

~~~~~~~

I finally make my way to the boat house and knock on the door. Eddie let's me in and I push past him to quickly get in.

"Sorry I'm late, ran into someone at the store" I explain. "That's alright, I've just been here... doing nothing" Eddie jokes. I nod and sit down.

I close my eyes for a second, right as they close all those things I saw from earlier just flash before me. I feel so much pain and anger with these. They must be memories. But who's? They aren't Max's. Are they Vecnas next victim?

I have so many questions.

"Hey, Gracie?" Eddie says and shakes my shoulder. I open my eyes and look at him "sorry, just really tired" I explain. He nods. "You can sleep if you want, it's actually really peaceful here..."