Chapter 011: The Nosebleed

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

Grace Harrington

"Couldn't have taken a road, or something a little less creepy?" Robin says and fearfully looks around her. "This is the quickest way..." Nancy's explains. "Yea I've gotta take Robins side on this one, we should have taken a different way" I add and tightly grip Robins arm as she grips mine. Nancy sighs and continues to walk.

"Don't worry guys, we're almost out of here" Nancy reassures. 

I walk up a little further away from the group and Nancy and Robin follow. "Grace...can I ask you something?" Nancy says and looks over at Robin.
  I furrow my brows and nod after stepping over a large branch on the group.

"So, I know this is like the worst time to ask. But is there...something going on between you and Eddie?" She asks. "Because we can totally see the way you guys look at each other" Robin adds.

I lightly laugh and shake my head. "If I'm being truthfully honest. I don't know." I say and point my flashlight up into the trees. "I wish I could answer. But I just don't know right now."

"Well do you want there to be something going on between you two?" Robin asks. I sigh "yes, maybe, I don't. It's all a lot right now. I haven't had much time to think about it. Plus, I don't- I don't know if I'm ready for something meaningful again." I state.

"Not that billy was meaningful. He was an asshole. But still, I don't want the fear of loosing someone again to take over me." I explain. They both nod.

"Well don't be afraid to be with someone forever Grace, especially when you know you have something great in front of you" Nancy explains.

I turn my head to her. "Why don't we talk about you for a second" I joke. She furrows her own brows. "What's going on between you and Steve" I say and wiggle my eye brows. "N-nothing...nothing is going on. I'm still dating someone, remember?" I slowly nod. "Sure..."

"Let's just, focus" She says.

"Those ladies are the only reason I'm here Steve, they jumped in after you the minute you went under" We over hear Eddie say to my brother.

I look at Robin and Nancy and they smile at me. "Should we be listening?" I mouth to them. They slowly nod.

"But me, I didn't jump in after you. I jumped after Gracie, and I've come to find I'll always jump for Gracie" He adds.

My facial expression drops. I look over at Robin and Nancy and their mouths are open. I roll my eyes and keep walking, while also hoping to hear something else.