Chapter 16: The Deal

Start from the beginning

I place my hands around his neck and he holds my waist.

"Is it to early to say I love you Eddie?" I whisper he pulls back and smiles. "Never," before we can continue the bats circle back down to us. Pulling us apart.

I'm pushed down away from him and the things I was holding are thrown to my side. A bat flies past my head then comes back to me. My eyes widen and a loud pain filled scream leave my lips as a bat takes a deep bite right where I was cut from before.

Another stops at my shoulder taking flesh with it as well. Eddie runs to me and hits them both with his shield.

I smile at him. He holds out a hand for me. Before I take it a bat comes flying towards him.

His facial expression drops and he falls to the ground. I see that two bats are on his back. I stand up, grab his shield and hit them both. Neither of them move.

A larger bat comes and latches its tail around his neck. Eddie grabs it with both of his hands and struggles to breathe as it tightens its grip on him.

As I work on the two on his back, another comes for his torso. He falls to his side and tears flood my eyes. I try as hard as I can to stop them but they are strong.

I kick the one on his stomach away from him and it goes flying. The two on his back flew on his face but before they can leave truly bad marks they stop.

The bats around us just stop, they all fall to the ground and lay there. I'm hesitant to move but when I hear Eddie choking I drop to my knees and hold him.

"Eddie... are- are you ok?" I sob. Blood slowly starts to pool from his stomach. The scratches on his face start to bleed as well.

"Eddie!" I hear from beside us. I see Dustin limping towards us. Tears on his cheeks,
  He drops next to us and holds Eddie's hand just as I do.

The pain in my head returns. I ignore it and keep my focus on Eddie. "Oh god Eddie" Dustin sobs and holds his bleeding wounds.

"I told you not to go" I cry and carefully move the hair out of his face. Eddie laughs making him choke more then he already was.

Tears slowly fall from my eyes as I see the sight before me.

"Its bad huh?" He asks referring to his wounds. "No, No, no" Dustin says. "You'll be fine Eddie, You'll be fine" I whisper. "We're gonna get you to a hospital" Dustin states. I try and help Dustin get Eddie up but Eddie just won't move.

"Guys!" Eddie says. We ignore him and still try and get him up. "Guys stop!" He yells. We stop and look at him.

"Let me just- rest here for a minute ok?" He says. "No! Eddie, No! We're gonna get you help...Please" I state and pull him up again. He stops me and grabs my wrist making me sob more. "Eddie Please..."

"Gracie, it's alright. I'm ok, just let me rest..." I stay silent and nod my head. "I just need a second ok?" He repeats. Dustin and I nod.

Eddie stops groaning in pain and smiles up at us. I slowly shake my head as his grin grows wider. "I didn't runaway this time right?" He asks. I turn away and close my eyes. I can't see him like this. I just can't. I refuse to watch him die.