Chapter 16: Baby love

My body froze, I hadn't seen him in years, last time I saw him was before we left California for Hawkins, a lot had happened since that...He took a chair and sat on it next to me. I didn't know what to say. 

"So I've been calling your father asking him to come here since about two weeks now" the shrink said. 

"Why?" I questioned. There was a reason my mother left my father. 

"Your mother asked me to make you go to your father's to live with him...she thinks it would do good for you since apparently you're not putting much effort in liking Neil" she declared. 

"What?!" I yelled. No California was far and I didn't wanna go back there, I really didn't. 

"You'll go live with him in 2 days" she said. "If it doesn't work out, you'll maybe come back with your mother" she explained.

"Maybe?!" I screamed. This was a living nightmare. 

"Don't worry you're gonna love it there honey" he said patting my shoulder. 

"I don't even know you!" I yelled at him getting up from the chair. I opened the door and was about to slam it. 

"Maxine Mayfiled don't you-" he started. 

"FOR THE FUCKING LAST TIME MY NAME IS MAX!" I yelled and stormed out. I came back to the cafeteria to talk to my friends but people were forming a circle screaming and chanting. 

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" they all chanted. I came through the crown and saw Jason and Eddie looking at each other with killer eyes. 

"You dare touch my Chrissy?!" Jason yelled. 

"She's not yours!" Eddie yelled. 

"Chrissy I know he cursed you it's okay I'm here" he lowered his voice talking to her. 

"I'm not cursed I like him!" she yelled in annoyance, her words making Eddie smile softly. 

"Shut up freak!" Jason yelled. Eddie formed his hands into a fist letting his two index fingers out of it, he placed his hands on the sides of his forehead so that his hands would look like horns, as he pulled out his tong making it move a little as he freaky opened his eyes while making a strange noise. He was so weird but I think that's what we liked about him. Dustin ran back to the gymnasium stopping next to me. 

"Where were you?!" I whispered yell. 

"I called back up just in case" he whispered back. We turned our heads when we heard a loud noise, Jason was hitting Jason as his friends were retaining Chrissy from getting there. 

"Where's Lucas?" I asked Dustin. 

"Bathroom I think" he answered. They were all yelling as Eddie tried to fight back against Jason which he didn't do very well, Jason worked out a lot with Lucas intently so he was pretty muscular. Eddie well, wasn't. I heard the door open and someone run towards the circle. A tall brunette with perfect hair came him, his watch on his wrist, his striped polo under his video club jacket, he ran in between the boys to stop them, Eddie backed up but Jason started now punching him, at least he tried, our mom avoided his punch and took him by the collar. 

"Seriously you really gotta try?" Steve said removing his hand from Jason's collar. 

"That's your back up?" I chuckled. 

"Yeah and a good one" Eddie told me smiling at Steve. 

"Chrissy you're just a whore dating this freak" Jason yelled. 

"This sounds a bit too familiar" Steve mumbled and pinched his nose in desperation. "She's your ex?" he asked him. Jason nodded. "Listen been there done that, they're endgame, don't waste your time. Go date other girls before you get too emotionally attached to her buddy" he advised probably getting deja vus. "Come on move it people" Steve said making hand signs to tell them to leave. We had class and has always it was long and felt like it was never gonna end. But once it ended we were glad.