Chapter 9: I can't get you off my mind

The clock was ticking more and more, I felt this need to move but I couldn't, my legs wanted to run and my brain wanted to stay as if he wasn't mine. All the sudden the room emptied I was now into the room of my house. I walked slowly out of it, Neil and my mom were discussing nicely and smiling. I stopped in front of them, observing their expressions one by one. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see Billy. He was smiling at me, smiling at them. They were all happy, I looked at the date on the calendar it was July 5th. But Billy died on the 4th and he was still...here. They were all talking to each other ignoring me even when I talked to them, it was weird. The colors started fading to find a cold dark blue color. Billy now had a hole in his chest, the same hole he had because of the mind flayers final hit. His eyes were empty, no feelings except rage was in his eyes. 

"Max...do you see it too?" he asked innocently. 

"See what?" I asked him. 

"See the date" he answered. 

"I do but you're supposed to be..." I started

"Dead?" he smirked. "This was what life would be like if you weren't there if we just left you to your dad." he whispered. 

"But he couldn't take care of me..." I answered. 

"Yeah but you see Max that's not my problem. We would've been happy. My dad wouldn't have hit me..." he whispered. 

"But he did before all that." I answered. 

"It got worse when we moved."  he dryly told. "I wouldn't be dead Max, and my father wouldn't have waste all his money in drinks to get drunk over the overtaking gilt! Your mom wouldn't be working! And we would be a happy family!" he yelled. Suddenly my friends entered the room, they were looking at me all disappointed. 

"It's your fault. It's your fault. It's your fault." they all started chanting. Tears fell from my eyes, I knew they were right. They stopped and instead of a disappointing look came a scared one. Billy was approaching Lucas and started strangling him. I saw a knife in the kitchen and took it I ran to Billy but he stopped me I was hitting him. 

"None of this would've happened if you weren't there" Billy whispered while retaining my arms. I started running but he was still here yelling at me with all my friends. 

"We hate you!" Mike said. 

"It should've been you!" El yelled. 

"I never liked you" Lucas screamed. I stopped and looked at the road, the sky was red. I was scared they were still yelling and Billy, now in front of me, walk to me slowly a grin on his face.

Lucas's pov: 

I sat with Dustin and the others to eat the pizza. I saw Max go into El's room, she probably forgot something. We started eating and she walked back slowly in the corridor leading to the kitchen. 

"Hey Max you okay?" I asked her, she didn't respond. 

"Hey why are you smiling?" I heard Max asking. 

"We're enjoying the pizza" Robin answered. 

"See what?" I heard her ask. Will touched his neck, the lights flickered for less than a second. 

"Guys I think something's wrong" Will declared his voice shacking.

"I know but you're supposed to be..." she started. 

"Oh no it's Max she probably wants to scare us" Mike annoyed said while rolling his eyes.

"But he couldn't take care of me..." she declared sadness in her voice.