Chapter 11: Enjoy the silence

I was stunned I couldn't believe he was here that must've been a mistake, it wasn't possible. I approached the door and opened it. 

"Get out you have nothing to do here" I said calmly ready to close the door to his face. 

"Honey actually he does" my mom started sending chills through my body. "We talked and got things in order. He changed Max." she sweetly said. Of course he changed! Is she kidding me? He didn't I can't see the smirk on his face, he didn't. He changed as much as my mom quit drinking. 

"I'm sorry if I caused you any troubles in the past Max but I apologize and want a brand new start" he said "truthfully". 

"Okay we'll see" I declared walking into my room. I sat on my bed and shook my leg up and down anxious of his presence. I heard my door open. 

"I didn't make any money so we'll still live here though!" he laughed so my mom could here him. I didn't even bother turning around to look at him. I just stared at the void hoping he'd leave. I felt his breath on my neck my body tensing. 

"You got me out of here once Maxine, you won't get me out twice. I don't know what you told your mom last time but she was mad enough to kick me out. Now we don't want her to get mad do we?" he whispered smirking. I gulped, I was scared my whole body was shaking. He got out of  my room and I laid on my bed. What was I gonna do? I was scared to death I needed to go away but I couldn't I couldn't. I ate and got back in my room, on my desk to try to do my homework. Okay first I had a math problem. I started reading it. 

Billy goes to the mall...

As soon as I read that phrase I felt sick. His name written on paper even though it wasn't about him, made me feel like someone stab me in the back. I stopped and looked at time, it was midnight. I got up to go to bed until I saw this tall muscular figure approached me. Here's one thing I didn't miss. 

"Listen Neil we can have a good relationship but you gotta stop doing that it will not help you" I tried to calm him down. He clenched his jaw, took a deep breath and putted his hands into fists. I felt the first punch coming. The second one eventually. I woke up on the floor of my bed room, my head was pounding. Everything was blur, I got up and fell back down. I tried again and took support on my desk. I looked at the small mirror in my room. I was a mess. The rest of blood from my nose was dried upon my mouth, my lips was cut and had fresh blood from it, my neck had a purple bruise on it and my eyes were red. I remarked that no bruises were on my face which was odd cause I still remembered being punched many times. I took some clothes and went to the shower. I felt the hot water poor on my pale skin. A vivid pain installed in me, I looked at my stomach and there I saw where the punches were thrown, it was covered in multiple bruises as usual, purple and dark blue. I showered quickly the pain being unbearable. I looked at my back into the mirror of the bathroom, it had a huge bruise on it. I took some make up and covered my face and my neck with it. I didn't bother to cover my stomach and my back, I didn't have time and it wasn't necessary. My eyes were still a little red but no one will notice, you'd need to really look at me to see it. I felt tired, really tired, pain was present everywhere. The only thing that kept me going was the thought of seeing Lucas. He brought me joy, every time In saw his smile I felt a little better. 

I took my board and didn't even bother to eat anything. I listen to my walkman all the way to the school. today was the big day, all our classes were canceled so that we could see the tournament and watch our team practice. There was a small practice tournament with team from other school all day and tonight was gonna be the final game of the season before they start another one of course. But if they won they would be champions. I was so proud of Lucas it had been a few games since he was playing on the court and he was doing really good. I walked into the gymnasium and he was talking with his team and some cheerleaders. He was laughing, he was happy and there I was about to go tell him about Neil. He was gonna be worried and not focused on the game. He was not gonna be happy. I was gonna bring him down. Elena was right I'm no fun for him. I decided to tell him nothing, he was happy that's all that mattered. Even though he told me to tell him, I didn't want to. I was a weight to him already, I didn't want to become even heavier. I walked to him and smiled as all his friends except the queen of Hawkins High, Chrissy Cunnigham, looked at me weirdly.