Chapter Five

"Katsuki, can you concentrate? Jeez- What's gotten into you? Shoot!" 

Bakugou blinked, looking over to his gym teacher, who was patiently waiting for him to throw the ball. The blonde looked down, mindlessly throwing the brown ball through the hoop. For the past hour, he'd only been thinking about Izuku Midoriya, and the camera he had just planted in his backpack. By tomorrow morning, he was going to know whether the greenette needed help or not. 

"Good, Eijirou, you're up next! Bakugou, focus a bit more, eh? The game's in two days." The man grumbled, as a red-haired boy jogged onto the court. Bakugou sat down, taking a drink from his bottle of water. 

"Everything alright, dude?" A certain black-haired boy questioned, gently nudging the blonde's shoulder. 

"Yeah. Just... My mind's scattered, that's all." Katsuki responded, looking over at Hanta, his teammate. The other teen smiled, shrugging as he looked away once more. 

Today's practice was certainly going to be difficult to focus on, for Bakugou.

As the school bell rang throughout the schoolyard, Bakugou quickly made his way inside, jogging up to his classroom. It was Friday morning, and the sun was shining bright. Although most students were focused on their weekend, Katsuki's mind was set on a certain mission he had been assigned to, Wednesday. He had planted the camera on Izuku's bag Thursday afternoon, without a problem. Now, he just has to get it back. 

Once he had taken his seat, the blonde watched as the students flooded the classroom. His eyes eventually landed on the gloomy-looking, adorable, greenette, who walked into class with books in hand. The blonde smiled, waving at him, but the shorter boy just looked down and ignored him... As usual. 

"Alright, students! Settle down, now. I know it's Friday, and you all have great plans this weekend, with the Provincial Basketball game. But it's not a reason to skip out on your studying. Remember, your Math and English tests are next week, so focus on those." The black-haired teacher spoke, clapping his hands to gain their attention. 

After about an hour in class, Katsuki started to fidget. His mind was set on one thing, and one thing only. So, he decided to get it over with. He raised his hand, waiting for his teacher's attention. 

"Yes, Katsuki?" Aizawa instantly responded, as if he was waiting for the blonde to act. 

"May I use the restroom, please?" Bakugou asked, watching as the man nodded. The teen immediately stood up, trying not to make any noise, as he escaped the room and ran through the halls. He nervously opened the greenette's locker, pulling out his oversized, yellow bag. Instantly, he ran his finger along the seam of the bag, finding his miniature camera. He quickly pinched it, pulling it out carefully. He carefully set the bag back into the locker, making his way towards the principal's office. 

After several minutes of jogging, he reached Nezu's office, where he gave him the hard drive for the camera's past recordings. The man instantly plugged it into his laptop, opening the file. Immediately, an 9 Hour video started playing, starting by a locker, slamming in front of it... When Katsuki planted the camera. The man didn't hesitate to forward the video to when the small boy was leaving school. 

The camera recorded a certain old-looking house, in which Izuku walked into. The bag had been set down next to a sofa, at a perfect angle in which you could easily see an old, chipped, wooden door. 

"I'm home." Izuku voice resonated, and a loud yet annoyed grunt was heard. 

"Where the hell were you? Late, much?" 

A sudden figure appeared in the frame, standing next to Izuku. Their faces weren't visible, only their lower-body. But it was clearly the boy's father. 

"I got a little held up... I hurried home, though!" Izuku's shaky tone immediately raised suspicions in both the principal, and Katsuki.

"Who the fuck said you could give me and excuse, ha? Fucking whore! You were getting a little held up! You slept with someone... Didn't you?" The abuser started. 

"Wha- N-No! I didn't!" 

"SHUT UP!" 

The man's loud voice made Midoriya flinch, as well as both men who were watching the footage. 

"WHO THE HELL- YOU FUCKING FAG! YOU WERE SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE! YOU WANNA END UP LIKE YOUR MOTHER, HA?! FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!" 

Through the video, they watched as Izuku was aggressively grabbed, thrown against the wooden door. 

"DUMBASS! YOU REALLY THINK YOU COULD MESS WITH ME? GO DOWN!" The man wailed, opening the door as he violently threw his son down the flight of stairs. 

It was clearly the basement, even though the camera couldn't catch the contents of what was hidden behind the door. The only way they knew there was stairs, was because they heard Midoriya's loud cries as he tumbled down them. The man was filmed making his way down the stairs, into the dark room. Soon, loud pleading cried were heard, as well as slapping sounds. The whines soon turned to painful, heartbreaking screams, which led the principal to forward the video, unable to take the sounds. Eventually, the man was seen angrily walking out the room, and closing the door behind him, before banging it a few times with his fists. 

The principal covered his mouth with a hand, leaning against his desk as he forwarded through the video. The next seven hours filmed nothing... Until the door opened again, in the morning. Midoriya was seen walking out, limping as he stretched his leg. He then tried his best to fix his uniform, which was dirty, compared to the previous day. He then picked up his bag, which led the rest of the video being him, walking to school.

"Did he sleep in the basement? Maybe his bedroom is there." Katsuki spoke, shaking from what he'd just witnessed. The principal was clearly just as shocked as he was; traumatized. 

"Katsuki... What now? We have proof. I won't let one of my students get hurt this way by a family member. So, what next?" Nezu questioned, looking over to the blonde. Bakugou shakily sighed, looking down. 

"Well, we... We hand it over to the cops." 

To Be Continued...