Chapter Four

"Good Morning, Mister Nezu. Thank you for accepting to meet me, this early in the morning." Shika Arozu spoke, taking a seat in front of the white-haired man's desk. The principal nodded, serving some tea to the young woman. 

"No problem. Apologies for not being able to answer your email that quickly. I haven't had that much time on my hands, these days. But now... Izuku Midoriya... What did you want to talk to me about, exactly?" The middle-aged male questioned, sitting down in his chair. The woman leaned forward, gently putting down her cup of tea. 

"Well, you see, I'm worried about Izuku's physical health. Here, look." The nurse started, handing the teenager's document to the principal. "He's super underweight, for a boy his age. I remember walking in... It took me a minute to process his body. Bruises were covering him from head to toe, scars and cuts, everywhere! Horrific! There's no way he's that depressed to cause himself that much harm... I just, refuse to believe it! He kept lying to me, as well. When I asked him about his diet, I caught him in a lie. He ran out, at the end... Which leads me to think that he was terrified of telling me the truth. I'm thinking his parents are abusing him, at home." The woman continued. 

Nezu took a while, staring at the notes that were scribbled down on the papers. 

"I see... Well, you're not aware of this, but Midoriya's mother went missing about 3 years ago... Police suspect she simply ran away. He's also an only child, so he's been living alone with his father ever since. Come to think of it, I think it's better if we bring in his friends and homeroom teacher, for questioning. I've been suspecting the same... Izuku comes in early, in the mornings to clean out his uniform. Apparently, his father doesn't give him much time to do so, at home. So he does it here... And he's also told me that his father has a drinking history. Therefore, what you're bringing up does make sense." The man continued, setting down the file. The woman sighed, looked down as she fixed her glasses. 

"I just... Don't understand why he'd lie about it. He's in danger, and he's hiding it... Why?" She whispered. The man leaned back, taking a sip of tea. 

"If it's not too much trouble, would you like to come by, around dinner hours? I'll bring his teacher and friends in, too." 

Izuku swiftly closed his locker door, turning around to make his way out of the school. However, he was stopped by a blonde student, standing next to him. 

"Hey." 

The greenette flinched, looking around through the crowd of students. 

"H-Hi." He stuttered, looking down. 

"Um... So... Y'know, the Heroes won the Regional Basketball Game... So... I'm part of the team, and I was wondering if you wanted to come watch my Provincial Game... This weekend? Y'know... To cheer me on? I don't know if you'd be interested..." The blonde asked, nervously stuffing his hands in his pockets. Midoriya looked down, confused. 

"No." He quickly spat, walking past the blonde. He didn't have time for jokes and games; his father is waiting for him at home. And if he's late, he'll surely earn a beating. The greenette quickly made his way towards the doors, exiting the building completely, leaving the blonde alone.