Chapter 1

I was eight months and 40 weeks pregnant with twin girls whom I had decided to name Luna and Kalani. While I was in the middle of doing push-ups, I would often pause as the babies would kick or move inside me. The journey of carrying these little ones had been both painful and exhilarating, and I knew that today was my due date. It was crucial for me to get out of prison as I didn't want to raise my daughters in such an environment. When I was informed that I had a visitor, which turned out to be Danny, I couldn't help but smile despite his serious demeanor. Danny seemed irritated by my cheerful attitude and questioned me about my situation. I expressed my urgency to leave, emphasizing that I couldn't bring up the twins behind bars. Turning the conversation to more pressing matters, I inquired about any updates on Wo Fat, but Danny had no new information. As Danny shared an ultrasound picture of my daughters, Luna and Kalani, tears of joy filled my eyes. I thanked him for the gesture and appreciated his congratulations. Despite my emotional state, I was surprised by the arrival of my trainer, Joe White. His comment about the Governor having it coming made me smile, and he reassured me that I would be a great father to my twins. I acknowledged his words with gratitude, feeling unprepared for the challenges of fatherhood that lay ahead. Joe informed me about the lieutenant governor's attempt to expedite my trial, aiming to convict me for Governor Jameson's murder to showcase a zero-tolerance attitude. Determined to prevent this outcome, we continued discussing our strategy.