Arc 3, Chapter 8: Rubys Birthday

Start from the beginning

I get up and approach Blake who's at the TV rearranging the wires for us to play some games.

Eren: "Got a second?"

Bella: "Hm? Oh yeah just give me a second."

I nod and step over to the door and wait. Now that I've been back for about a week I've begun to notice the big differences between both Blakes. This worlds Blake is still slightly reserved and can be shy but isn't shy around me for...obvious reasons. Yet Other Blake is a bit more blunt. She can still be shy and awkward but it's like she doesn't care as much about interactions with people. I guess if you had to live in another universe and see yours die you'd start to not care.

I still wonder if I'll be able to travel the timelines with Blace one day when I die. Will I be able to bring others? Could I bring both Blakes? Ruby and Yang? No...that's probably asking for too much. It would be different if I was simply entering an afterlife and seeing them again, but I'm pretty sure me and Blace are going completely different paths when I die and both our souls go up. If that's the case, I'd like to at least be able to visit the others.

Bella: "Alright, wanna step outside?"

I nod and we both leave the dorm room and close the door.

Bella: "What's got you so bothered? Or maybe you're trying to brag about your fun time with the other me?"

She says with a smug smile. She notices me not really reacting to that.

Bella: "S-Sorry. What's up little bro? I don't like it when you're all quiet like this."

Eren: "I...I feel dead inside. Like even with me starting a relationship with Blake and forgiving Ruby and Yang...I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. Like all these efforts are for nothing. It could just be my excessive use of Wails negative emotion multiplier that's making me feel this but I hate it right now. I don't normally care but now that I'm in a place like this in terms of friendships and relationships, I fucking hate it."

Blake takes a deep breath and holds my hand in hers. She squeezes and caresses my hand with her thumb.

Bella: "Wail is most likely the cause. I guess so much exposure to your memories and trauma has numbed you to a degree. Which is a good and bad thing. Good for fights and bad situations because you'll be unwavering. Bad because of what's happening right now. I'm sure Blake can help you. If she can't, well, I'm always here if you just want to train or something. Training with you has been such a benefit and I've gotten a lot smarter and faster and stronger in fights. I've been getting stronger at such a faster rate then the others at Beacon."

I'm glad that she thinks that but I hate how she's right about the beginning bit. Wail is the main thing making me and Vorpal so absurdly strong but the downsides of Wail are really taking effect now. At the beginning I thought I would just be invincible with this power and that the downsides was nothing that a bit of therapy can't fix. No.

Eren: "Yeah...we can train sometime if you'd like. I'm also not the best with crowds. I know it's only Team RWBY, JNPR and you but that's way more then the amount of people I'm used to. I want to stay there because of Ruby, Yang, Blake and Pyrrha. But I don't emotionally think I can. I feel easily overwhelmed."

I feel Blake remove her hold on my hand and pull me into a hug.

Bella: "Do you have any ideas or plans to maybe ease that up?"

Eren: "I just thought of it. If people really wanted to celebrate my birthday, celebrate it November 1st. With me sharing my birthday with Ruby, Ruby would want to throw us in the same room for a huge party or something. I simply can't do that due to how I am. But at the same time I don't like to feel lonely due to it reminding me of home. It's stupid..."