Diary 2 - You Noticed Me

Start from the beginning

Seeing him always brightened her day.

She would keep him at home, but...

Home? Can it even be called that anymore? Kuroko couldn't keep those thoughts away, and they distracted her from playing with Nigou.

"Kuroko?" Came a sudden hesitant, familiar voice and Kuroko's light blue eyes widened.

She swiftly turned around just as Nigou started barking. It was Kagami, he was here and now he was looking confused and... scared?

He suddenly let out a very undignified scream when the puppy happily bounded for him. Kuroko stared in surprise at the tall brute running around as he clearly did not want the pup anywhere near him.

Kuroko finally snapped out of her senses (although the image of cute little Nigou chasing Kagami around was just too cute to stop watching) and called for Nigou to come to her. Thankfully, the puppy listened to her and Kagami was allowed to stop running.

The dark redhead breathed heavily and gasped for air as he looked like he had just been chased by death itself.

"Kagami-kun? What are you doing here?" Kuroko finally asked him, keeping Nigou by her ankles.

Kagami seemed to snap out of his mental terror then and he looked at her. "Oh, I uh saw you out here and was just... wondering what you were up to." He shrugged, feeling awkward.

Kuroko blinked, her whole body stilling. "You... saw me?" She worded it slowly, as if trying to make her brain believe it.

"Yeah, although I had to look a few times but I saw your hair," Here he scratched the back of his head, "And no one really has the same hair color as you, so...."

Kuroko remained frozen, shocked. She guessed it was plausible, it's just she's never had someone focus so intently on her just to see her.

Kagami looked down at Nigou now. "Is that your puppy? What are you doing bringing him to school?"

"Ah..." Kuroko stopped at this. Kagami-kun knows now... Will he tell on me? She really didn't want to think about what would happen if she got expelled. "I, um, keep him here." She decided to just be honest and up-front about it. She started petting Nigou's back as a way to reassure herself.

Kagami was confused. "Isn't that against the rules?"

Kuroko gazed down at the partially dead grass. "Yes it is."

"Oh." Kagami responded, but then didn't say anything for a while so Kuroko looked back up to meet his eyes.

"Are you going to tell the principal now?" Her voice sounded so small to her, and it was exactly how she felt. She didn't know how to stand her ground, even for Nigou, who she knew would be back on the streets with no one to look after him if she was truly found out...

"Why would I do that?" Kagami sounded confused again as he regarded her.

"Because... it's against the rules?" Now Kuroko was confused.

Kagami blinked, but then just shrugged. "You're just trying to take care of him, right? What's the harm in that?"

Kuroko was astounded by Kagami's... blatant honesty and kindness. Even his innocence, it was... remarkable. She had known of his personality before, but there seemed to be so much more to him.

"Thank you, Kagami-kun." And she smiled, she couldn't help it. Everything would be all right.

Kagami's eyes widened and he honestly seemed shocked for a few seconds before he broke out into a cheeky grin. "No problem."