Chpater 12: A Longing Loss

Noah

"Mmm" He moaned. "Alright, alright. cmon bro we gotta go." He said over his constant moaning. I kept going, my head moving up and down as he laid back in the driver's seat of his car.

"Oh, fuck, bro, im-" he started breathing heavy. "im finna-" he tried to get out. "im finna nut" he chanted before fireworks erupted in the car.

"Might want to hurry and clean up, we gon be late" I told Hakeem. "Mann get the fuck" he started laughing. "Seriously, you gotta speed up, we boutta graduate."

"Nigga don't you think I know that? But noo, you just had to give me head" He said. I think he was tryna be funny. "Mann shut up, like you wasn't begging for this throat." He turned his head so fast. "Cmon we supposed to be in our seats by now."

He finished cleaning up his nut, and put his dick back in his pants. He zipped up his blue gown and put his blue cap on. "Now let's go." He told me.

We got out the car and headed towards the stadium. Before we got to the door we saw Dre pullin up.

"Aye aint that Dre car?" Hakeem said, pointing out the obvious. "Yea"

"Somebody in the car with him." He noticed. "Who, ion see nobody" I responded. "Look nigga"

I seen another figure in the car. "That's probably Justice" I told him. "If he went to get Justice, then who gettin Jamal?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You serious rn!? They can't let bro out the hospital to graduate?!"

"His doctors said he wasn't stable enough to leave the hospital. Let alone be surrounded by thousands of people."

"It's been months since the shooting. He been in that place for months. Bro couldn't even enjoy his last moments of high school." Hakeem went on.

"Nun we can do. We aint his doctors. And we aint his parents." I told him.

"His parents? What his parents got to do with the doctor's decision?" He asked.

"His mom agrees with the doctors and wants him to stay in the mental hospital. She said she knows he's safe in there, with medical professionals that can help him when he has one of his... episodes."

Dre and Justice joined me and Hakeem and we walked into the stadium. We found our seats and, when we got called, we walked across the stage. We got our diplomas. We finally graduated high school.

After all the bs we been put thru this year, from me and Hakeem doin our own things, Jamal cheating on Justice with a man, Bri outing Jamal and Jay, Justice ending up with Dre, crazy ass Devin trying to rob me, Justice and Jamal almost dying, Jay and Bri actually dying, Jamal goin thru so much and having to live in a mental hospital, and look at us now.

After the ceremony, as the people crowded outside, "Let's go back to yo house," Hakeem whispered to me.

We snuck away from evb and went back to my place. Walking into my empty house, Hakeem was quick to get undressed, taking his shirt off, kicking his shoes off his feet, and beginning to unbuckle his pants. "Slow down, my feet hurt." I told him.

"Sum else gon hurt if you let me do what I'm good at"

I walked him up the grand stairs and into my bedroom. He sat on the bed, and I started undressing. "Come with me." He mumbled.

"What?" I blurted in confusion.

"Come with me" he spoke clearly.

"We both damn near naked, where you tryna go?" I chuckled.

"No, I mean leave with me. I'm movin back to Atlanta and I want you to come with me." He stood up from the bed, coming face to face with me.

"I- I can't leave Houston. I have things to do here-"

"Like what?" He interrupted me.

"Like college-"

"You too smart for Texas Southern. Out there you can go to Morehouse or Clark Atlanta-"

"And what about my parents' music label?? They're handing it over to me and I-"

"Run it from Atlanta!"

Listening to his tone, I can tell he is begging for me to agree and go with him.

"You spent your entire life here. You'll be alright living the rest of it somewhere else... You can move the label to Atlanta. Dre and Dei'Janai and whoever you think you leavin behind will be alright without you."

I stepped away from him. "You still sayin no?" He asked me.

I nodded my head...

"WHAT THE FUCK!" he yelled, with bass echoing in his voice.

"After everything I been through for you, you can't simply leave with me??" He implied.

"It's not that simple-"

"You staying fa that nigga?" He asked. My eyes opened up. How could he even think I would choose somebody else over him.

"Yea, Noah, I know about everything... I know that nigga Devin shot up that party. I know he was lookin for me. I know he did that shit for you. Which means yall had to have fucked..." He expressed.

"Because aint no way in HELL yall aint fuck and he actin that crazy over you..."

"And you must've did sum special for him to drive by tryna take me out. Let me tell you sum.. that nigga a bitch. He wanna do allat bs over a piece of ass that was neva his to begin with." He went on, while puttin his clothes back on.

"I compromised my life in the hood to be with you. My life was put on the line to be with you..."

I just stood there. Ian know what to say. But I do know that he not finna talk to me any kind of way.

"I know you aint talkin to me.! Because when you first got here, you came to me. I minded my business. I was just fine. Nobody told you to leave the hood for me." I started.

"You could've been like every other DL and stayed right where you were." I told him.

"What that mean?"

"Nothing, Ion even know why I said that."

"Bro if you not coming with me to spend our lives together in Atlanta than we done."

We both stood there, in complete silence, before he grabbed his keys and his phone, and finally fixed his mouth to say "I wasn't lying when I told you I loved you. I would do anything for you."

Hakeem

I walked downstairs and out the front door. I left. I really do love that boy. But shit maybe he don't feel the same way, I can't control that. While I was driving home, I just kept thinking... I would've dropped everything to leave with him if he asked me. No hesitation.

I guess now it is what it is. I can't make a decision for him. And I can't force him.

I spent this whole school year getting to know him. And it took me forever to finally realize the way I feel about him.

But enough of that, I gotta get packing. I'm leaving for Atlanta in a few days...