Chapter 3: She Isn't You

Jamal: Saturday Evening
6:26 PM

"Igh bro, Imma go on and head out." Andre said, stretching.

"Yea... I'm finna go too." Bri added.

We all got up and started leaving. Everybody walked out before me. I couldn't find my keys, so I couldn't leave.

"What you lookin for?" Jamal asked.

"My keys. I think they fell in the couch." I answered.

I saw out of the corner of my eye that he wasn't looking.

"Why aren't you-"

He lifted up his hand, and I saw my keys sitting in his palm. I walked up to him, and grabbed my keys out of his hand.

"So.... are we gonna talk about-" I started.

"No. We're not. Just... for- forget it" He stuttered.

"Ok..."

"I'm serious. That can't happen agai- It won't happen again!" He emphasized.

"Ok..." I dragged.

After that, I went home...

Noah: Monday morning
1st Period: 8:29 AM

I was a little late. So when I walked in the room, I wasn't paying attention to where I sat or who I was sitting around. I went to the back of the room, and I pulled out my laptop, textbook, and pen. And when I looked up, I noticed who I was sitting next to. It was Hakeem. I was sitting next to Hakeem...

"Hey..." I started.

"Wassup." He mumbled in a low tone.

"You- you good?" I questioned.

"Why you wanna know?"

"Do you not wanna talk to me or sum?" I asked.

"You didn't wanna talk to me yesterday, don't talk to me now."

And I did just that. Ian say nothing to him for the rest of the class period. I guess he rly didn't want to talk to me, he didn't even look in my direction. After the class was over, he just packed up his stuff and left. No word.

Bri: Monday Afternoon
Lunch: 12:48 PM

As I'm walking to the courtyard I see Justice sitting by herself eating chipotle, and on her phone.

"Hey girl... you ok?" I asked.

Me and Justice already talked about why she wasn't in the mood, but she never went told me what she saw, just that he cheated.

"You rmb, yesterday, when I told you he cheated?" She questioned.

"Yea... what? Did something else happen?!"

She put her phone down, and looked at me with a straight face.

"I caught him... cheating. I caught him.. some other bitch was suckin his dick. I heard him moaning and everything. They had the LED lights on red and music playin." She said.