CHAPTER 26:The Future

Start from the beginning

I wiped my tears and we were both laughing.

" Where have you been" I said holding his hand after we calmed down.

"I've been working for The Sicillian mafia. "

"What? The Sicillian mafia. Why? "I asked.

" Our family had alot of gambling debt Victoria and the leader of the mafia, Luca came looking for me and told me he owned the casinos, he said if I didn't join and work for him he'd kill us."

" Oh my god Elijah" I said.

"Don't worry he's way nicer then he was, he has a child and a wife now. "

"Do you have to go back"? I asked worriedly.

"I have to, but him and Ace joined together today and saved you. I will never leave you again Victoria. I promise."

"Ace told me your pregnant, I'm going to be an uncle". He said smiling.

"I'm having Twins Elijah, your gonna have two niece's or nephews or your going to have a niece and nephew."I said laughing.

" How are you feeling" Elijah asked.

"I'm feeling..Good just tired, but really happy" I said pulling him in for another hug.

"I'll go to the chef to get you some food, after all your feeding for three, and there's clothes there"he said putting the clothes on the bed.

" We're going to be landing soon aswell". He said.

" Thanks Elijah." I said.

As he was about to leave I called him back.

"Elijah, where's the doctor? "

I wanted to hear the heartbeats of my babies and see them on the screen.

"He's outside,Why? Are you feeling unwell? "he asked worriedly coming to my side.

" No I'm feeling fine, it's just Ace said he heard the heartbeats and I want to hear them."

" Okay I'll get him now. "Elijah said leaving.

🖤

Not even a minute later the doctor came in.

" How are you feeling, Ms De Luca" the doctor said.

"I'm feeling fine, thank you, would you mind if you did a scan it's just I'm dying to hear the heatbeats." I said.

"No problem". He said putting gloves on and turning on the machine.

"Thank you." I said laying down.

"This might be a little cold" he said applying the gel on my stomach.

I moved a little under the cold touch of the gel,I looked up at the machine and then saw the two little blobs.

"There they are" he said pointing to them on the screen.

"Here are the heartbeats" he said turning up the machine.

I saw the lines go up and down on the screen and the sound filled my ears. I smiled taking in this moment.

A few minutes later the doctor turned off the machine and gave me a tissue to wipe my stomach.

"Thank you" I said sitting up.

He sat on the chair beside the bed with a clipboard in his hand. "Now your around  5 to 8 weeks pregnant.Mr De Luca told me you took a pregnancy test a few weeks ago and it came back negative."

I nodded.

"Your symptoms over the next few months are going to be tiredness, morning sickness, cravings and some mood swings."

"Okay" I said taking all the information in.

"Here's the list of foods you should eat so the babies get the right amount of nutrients and you of course,and here's the foods you need to avoid." he said handing me the list.

"Thank you "I said.

" No problem" he said.
______________________________________

When the doctor left the room I got changed into a comfy outfit and made a promise to myself and my babies, that I will always protect them, no matter what.

After I got changed Elijah brought me some food and we talked about the years we spent apart and then we landed