CHAPTER 20:THE DINNER

As we were walking into the restaurant a million things were going through my head. What if Aces mother doesn't believe us. What's going to happen if she doesn't, will I ever be allowed to go home.

I squeezed Ace's hand for comfort.

"Ace!"i looked to see where the noise was coming from and I saw a women who doesn't look a day over forty, she must be Aces mother.

Damn she's aged well

We walked towards Aces mother and Ace let go of my hand and hugged her.

Hi mom its good to see you.

Yes it is now let me see your wife she said letting go of Ace and practically pushing him out of the way so she could see me.

She looked at me and her eyes lit up.

"Ahh shes gorgeous" she said before pulling me into a hug.

"My names Lucinda,ahh it's so great to finally meet you".

It's a pleasure to meet you too, I'm Victoria"I said smiling hoping I was making this as believable as I possibly could.

We stopped hugging and I went over and stood beside Ace. He put his hand around my waist and pulled me in closer.

" Me too sweetheart I have been dying to meet you, I'm sorry I couldn't come to the wedding, I'm so glad Ace has met someone, I can tell your an angel.

"Yeah she certainly is Ace said moving his hand a small bit lower.I smiled because I know what he is doing, but it quickly faded when I remembered earlier.I smiled at Lucinda and then looked at Ace.

"Can we sit down and eat because I'm starving" Ace said to Lucinda. Lucinda rolled her eyes and then Ace let go of my waist and started walking towards our table.

"It's so great to meet you, I couldn't wait to see the woman who raised Ace,you did such a good job, he's really great", i said to Lucinda while we were walking towards our table.

"Thank you sweetheart that means alot, after his father died it went downhill, I dont know if he told you about what type of father he was but he was never there for him or Felix and It really affected them, and of course I wasn't the best mother then either, and Ace had to look after me and Felix, but I can tell he is very happy with you so thank you for bringing my boy back to me".

I had tears in my eyes and I smiled and I hugged Lucinda.

"Now let's stop being emotional this is a happy time", she said as she grabbed my hand before walking towards our table.

I sat beside Ace who was restless looking at the menu and Lucinda sat in front of Ace.

After a few minutes we ordered our food, I got a chicken salad because I was still really nauseous.

Anyway Ace tell me more about Poland where are me and Victoria staying.

Ace sighed before replying.
"You are staying in my penthouse for a while and then your coming back when everything is sorted."

She nodded and left it at that. She must know not to ask questions, she probably knows he is a mafia leader, well of course she knows her husband led it first before Ace took over.

Our dinner arrived a while later and we started eating,but halfway through our meal I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Im going to the bathroom" I said getting up from my chair.

"Are you alright sweetheart" Lucinda asked.

I nodded"Yes I'm fine Im just feeling a bit sick I must have ate something bad."