After the footsteps had gotten farther away from them, Wen Yu tossed the blanket aside, pulling Ning Ning and running out of the alley.

"Hold on." Ning Ning asked, "Where are we going?"

They were clearly going in the direction they came from.

"The other routes are blocked off," Wen Yu said, "there's only one route left—we'll go back to Life Theater."

"Good idea!" Ning Ning's eyes sparkled, her face was full of expectations, her voice sounded excited, "Shi Tou Ge must be waiting for us there!"

Wen Yu's footsteps paused for a moment, he acknowledged her with his back to her.

Ning Ning followed him silently for a few steps before she suddenly wept. "...You're lying."

Wen Yu was taken aback, he looked back at her.

"Shi Tou Ge lied to me, you're also lying to me." Ning Ning's face was filled with tears, she choked out, "You're not going back to look for him... You're the same as him, you want to go back to become the doorman."

Wen Yu opened his mouth, then he sighed. He pressed down on the center of his eyebrows and muttered impatiently, "Big Brother is indeed better at things like lying, I was seen through in an instant."

"You're not allowed to go!" Ning Ning hugged his arm and cried. "If you can't run, I'll hold you up. We'll leave together or find a place to hide, we'll wait till the sun rises up and for the police to arrive..."

"Even when the sun rises, the masked people won't disappear. Even if the police arrive, they cannot see them." Wen Yu laughed in spite of himself, he touched the tears on her face and said with pity. "...There must be a doorman."

"Don't even think about it."

Wen Yu and Ning Ning were both taken aback, then they both looked in front of them cautiously.

Rabbit Mask walked out of the fog, four men followed behind him, each of them looked as fierce as fiends, they were emitting an aura similar to that of desperados.

"I knew there was a possibility of you two coming back." Rabbit Mask took out a dagger and laughed coldly. "I was waiting for you."

He lowered his body and rushed at them. He wanted to use the dagger in his hand to stab Wen Yu's chest, but Wen Yu turned to his side, the dagger cut his elbow. The moment the knife fell to the ground, his knee hit Rabbit Mask's stomach.

As Rabbit Mask was retching, Wen Yu bent over and picked up the dagger, saying, "Thanks... Go hide!"

His first words were aimed at Rabbit Mask, his next words were aimed at Ning Ning.

Ning Ning frantically turned around and ran towards the sidewalk. A number of shops were open by the sidewalk, their lights were turned on, but there was no one in them, they had all run away. She seemed to have just rushed into a convenience store and closed the door when Rabbit Mask pounced on the door, staring at her with bloodshot eyes through the glass door.

"Ignore her!" The masked people who were attacking Wen Yu shouted, "Come help quickly, this fellow is very difficult to deal with!"

"...Coming!" Rabbit Mask answered but he did not immediately return to help, he looked at his surroundings for a moment instead. He brought a bicycle that was parked on the sidewalk over, then used it to blockade the entrance of the convenience store. He smiled viciously at Ning Ning. "Wait here, you're next."

There was no way Ning Ning would sit back and do nothing.

She turned around and went back to the convenience store. The store was not big, all sorts of snacks were placed on three wooden shelves. There was a handful of change on the counter, a small pot of oden along with two rice balls.