"I only know that everyone dies. It was the case for Pei Xuan, it's the case for Director Chen, it would be the case for me." Li Bo Yue looked at her with an equally grim expression. "Pei Xuan left even earlier than Director Chen. He left last year, the time frame was not that far off from your mother, do you know what his last regret was?"

It couldn't be...

Li Bo Yue started smiling. "He regretted that he left the theater. No matter how rich he became, he would still get old, fall sick, and die. Yet, if he had remained as the doorman, then even after we have all died, he would still be alive."

"So, you're serious?" Ning Ning looked at him in disbelief. "You really want to be a masked person?"

He didn't know...or had Pei Xuan say something on his deathbed that misled him, causing him to only see the benefits of being a masked person, blind to the downsides of being a masked person.

"A masked person wouldn't be good enough." Li Bo Yue shook his head, seeming to have remembered something, his eyes revealed the lingering fear in his heart. "Those people from the Ning Village...they went in without a ticket, they suffered too much under the then doorman. I don't want to end up like them. If there was a choice, humans would also choose the side that rules, not the side that's being controlled by someone, isn't that so?"

He reached out towards Ning Ning.

His face was ever familiar, with an ambitious and determined smile.

"I've helped you so much," he said, "you have to help me too."

In the face of death, there were people who would start to come up with detailed long term plans, there were people who reached the verge of madness.

"Cut!! Cut!! Cut! Cut! Cut!!"

Two months later, on the set of <<Phantom of the Theater>>, Director Chen shouted cut repeatedly from a wheelchair. He ended up coughing violently from shouting, his assistant who was standing beside him frantically poured his medicine into his palm.

"Cough, cough, cough..." Director Chen stuffed the medicine in his mouth as he shivered, then grabbed a cup of warm water and took a few sips out of it and swallowed the medicine. He panted for a long while before he told Ning Ning, "Come with me for a moment."

Ning Ning pushed his wheelchair to the side to take a break.

In two months, Director Chen had lost quite a lot of weight. He lost so much weight that he seemed deformed, no matter who saw him, they would advise him to quickly rest in bed, not to expend his remaining life, but he wouldn't listen, he would rather burn his life out for this movie.

"Ning Ning," he asked Ning Ning while seated on the wheelchair with his back to her, "have you ever loved a man?"

Ning Ning remembered the fear from getting forcefully matchmade, the corner of her mouth twitched. "I have."

Director Chen laughed coldly. "Not the familial kind of love, can you love a person like how I love movies?"

Ning Ning fell silent.

The wheelchair stopped by the corridor. Red maple leaves were scattering down outside of the corridor, the red leaves fell onto the wooden corridor one by one, at the former mansion of the Qu family which turned into the Orchid Theater afterwards. This was the first place that was used to film <<Phantom of the Theater>>, it was also the last place that was being used to film <<Phantom of the Theater>>.