"But...how did she know?" Ning Yu Ren murmured.

"That's right, how did she know?" The village chief stared at her. "Ever since your father died, no one performed the role of the owner for several decades. After that much time has passed, there are many things—many details—that have been forgotten by everyone. Yet, the things that everyone has forgotten, you and me have forgotten, how could she have known?"

Ning Yu Ren had no words.

She indistinctly had an answer, but did not intend to tell him.

There was no need to tell him either, because the village chief had a guess of his own. Otherwise, his expression would not have been this pale, his hands would not have been trembling so much.

"...Let's go." The village chief paused before he told Ning Yu Ren, "Come to the ancestral hall with me, you will perform in her stead."

A line of people walked in a flurry towards the ancestral hall. Along the way, the sound of the drum got closer, louder—with every beat of the drum, the look on the village chief's face got worse.

"Then?" Ning Yu Ren walked along his side, she asked as she sized up his expression. "What did Ning Ning do during the second act?"

His expression turned even worse as expected.

"...She ran up to the stage," the village chief's cheek twitched, "and chased everyone off it."

"She didn't leave a single one?"

"She didn't leave a single one."

"Even the sacrificial offerings were chased off the stage?"

"Even the sacrificial offerings were chased off the stage."

Ning Yu Ren started laughing. "No wonder you frantically came looking for me. If even the sacrificial offerings for the owner were chased off the stage, how would they continue with <<Human Sacrifice>>?"

The second act, <<Human Sacrifice>>.

The villagers took out everything they had and wanted to give it to the god in front of them—but the god did not want any of those grass, tree branches, leather, vegetables or leaves they wanted to give him at all. Or it could have been that he thought it was too troublesome, he didn't want to be burdened with such stuff, so he threw all of the offerings away impolitely.

The villagers felt disheartened. In the end, they thought over it and offered up another sacrifice on the next day.

This time they offered the healthiest and most beautiful teenager.

It was...a human sacrifice.

God was moved by this person, thus he agreed to bring this group of villagers to flee with him, to look for a new utopia with him. While they were fleeing, he showed a magical ability—he had a tiny box, there was a model of an opera house inside, it could change its size, it could let people go back to the past, it could change their lives. The people called it 'Life Opera House', they addressed the god as 'Owner'.

"The good daughter you have taught." The cheek on the village chief twitched even more. "When I tried to tell her off, she turned on me and reprimanded me, saying that the pretty young man is not pretty enough, she wanted us to pick a new offering for her..."

"Then offer her another one." If not for the inappropriate setting, Ning Yu Ren would have laughed out loud. She mocked, "Didn't a lot of people return to the village this time? There are quite a few young and pretty boys right?"

I've Transmigrated Into This Movie Beforeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें