"When the main character dies...that's not right!" Ning Ning suddenly realised a weird situation. She was shocked for a while before she murmured, "My grandfather is currently dead."

A chill came over both of them, even the warm sun could not dissipate it.

"Are you certain?" Wen Yu asked.

"...That's what my grandmother told me. She said that Grandfather had died long ago from illness, she raised my mom as a single parent." Ning Ning hesitated for a moment. "Whether that's true, only my grandmother knows... That's right, what about you, what are you here for?"

"Pei Xuan has been collecting information on Life Theater," Wen Yu continued, "it was not just him, he even involved a lot of people. The group of them have been collecting information for a few years. In the end, all the leads pointed towards this place."

As he finished, he took out a folded piece of paper and show it to her. "Look, this is Pei Xuan's plan. He was writing it halfway when I transmigrated as him a month ago."

Ning Ning opened the paper and took a look.

One: Prepare a change of clothes, climbing equipment, money, mosquito coils, essential balm, new mosquito nets...

Why are there so many mosquito repellants? Pei Xuan, are you that afraid of mosquitos?

Two: Get fake identification.

The ever cunning Pei Xuan, he had been well prepared. Even if the village chief were to check his identification, he would most probably not expose himself.

Three: Buy a ticket for the seventh. Arrive at the village on the eighth. Meet the village chief with the mask, claim to be Li Shui Sheng's son. Request to take part in the nuo dance ritual.

Four...

There is nothing after four...

"Li Xuan! Li Xuan!" From a distance, a man wearing a mask on his face walked towards them as he shouted, "Didn't I tell you to come learn the dance from me at eight in the morning? No sincerity! No determination! All you know is to flirt!"

Wen Yu took a look at him, then looked back at Ning Ning and said, "I'll go with him for now. Uncle Tie is a senior in the village, he knows a lot. I want to ask him some questions, I'll look for you later."

"Alright." Ning Ning looked at the time on her phone. "Then, I'll wait for you here at six in the evening."

Once he left, she suddenly regretted it, she thought, "Why must I wait here at six? We have nothing to do with each other now, we're just wandering around. I could have just gone with him, I could have even asked Uncle Tie, he's a senior of the village, he definitely knows something about the owner."

When her thoughts caught up to her, Ning Ning frantically walked towards the village.

Compared to the usual, the village was more rowdy and crowded, Ning Ning had to rub shoulders with another person from time to time. There seemed to only be one way to differentiate between the villagers and the people returning home in glory—masks.

She did not know what order the village chief had announced at the banquet after she got drunk and went home last night.

Starting from this morning, the streets were full of masked people.

Everyone of different surnames wore their old masks that had been passed down every generation. The workmanship was excellent, the colours were gorgeous. They looked like a human, a beast and a ghost at the same time. Other than that, some people were wearing identical masks—yin yang masks that had no facial features, the left of the face was black, the right of the face was white.