Ning Ning fell silent for a moment before saying, "You're doing this even when you know about it. You hate someone, they would hate you as well, you want to kill them, they would like to kill you as well."

"Then you should go." Boss Qu turned around and smiled at her. "I'm guessing that they don't know about this yet, go tell them."

Ning Ning felt stuck at once.

"...Why is it that no matter how I try to persuade you, you wouldn't listen?" She could not help but wipe the tears from her face. "Is it because I'm not the real Ning'er?"

She looked at him and asked sadly, "Do you not treat me as a daughter anymore? Not the first daughter nor the second daughter?"

Death could not shake Boss Qu, the thought of conciliation made him fall silent for a long while. He still shook his head in the end.

"There's nothing good to be had from being my daughter anyway. I cannot give you delicious food, delicious drinks, fun things, nice clothes and a husband who obeys you anymore. You might as well stop addressing me Papa." Boss Qu let out a helpless laugh. "And stop trying to persuade me. After all...you are not the real Ning'er."

These words made Ning Ning's heart turn cold.

She looked at the seat between them. She suddenly realised that they were no longer intimate enough to have nothing come between them. What was between them was not a seat, but a person.

At this time, the male lead on the screen had unfortunately gotten shot, he held on to his last breath and didn't die because of his feelings for the female lead. He traversed half of China and took a look at the female lead before he exclaimed and his wound started spurting blood, this magical plot made the audience laugh.

Boss Qu did not laugh.

"Besides, I am truly not afraid of death." He looked up at the screen, the reflections on his mask moved about like flames. "Long ago, in that fire, I had already been burned down to my last breath. This breath had been saved for the Chen family. No matter what happens in the end, I just want to take this out on them."1

It looked like he was really not afraid of death, which was why he defied the rules of the theater.

Before the movie finished, Boss Qu had already got up and left. Behind him, Ning Ning sat on the audience seat in a daze. It was a long while later that she looked down and opened the folder on her legs.

The rules of Life Theater were not set in stone. Like humans, like a refined artificial intelligence, it would (continually) examine itself. Once it discovered a loophole, it would patch it up.

Coincidentally, it seemed that every time something was patched, they would change the doorman.

In other words, every time a doorman started to have desires they were not supposed to have, did something they were not supposed to do, the theater would hang red lanterns.

"Do you even know that there were red lanterns hanging at the entrance of the theater? They are its warning to you." Ning Ning murmured, "If you were to continue this way, it would change its doorman."

As to which rule Boss Qu intended to defy? She was only afraid that...it was the rule of not being allowed to kill the stowaway.

A month passed by very quickly.

In the same movie theater.

Celebrities gathered, the seats were filled, looking across the theater, even the aisles were filled with standing audiences. The staff members had to check everyone's tickets one by one again, bringing out the stowaways that had mixed in with the crowd and away from the place.