Chen Shuang He glanced at him then asked, "Mother, is there someone else in the house today?"

"Who are you talking about?" Chen Hui turned back and took a look. Shi Zhong Tang was clearly standing in front of her, but she could not see him. She looked at her surroundings then smiled at Chen Shuang He. "There's no one, don't scare me. Alright, let's watch the television together...what are you doing?"

The television was switched off. Chen Shuang He turned back and smiled at her. "Mother, since Father doesn't want to go on vacation with you, I'll go with you."

Chen Hui cracked a smile. "But don't you want to act?"

As a popular child star—furthermore, he was one of the rare ones whose looks did not deteriorate once he grew up, on the contrary, he was a child star who had grown better and better looking—the economy had been very good recently for Chen Shuang He. He had not even joined a film school officially, yet he had already taken on a few consecutive roles in a few shows. He had even accepted a role in a big time ancient film made up of veteran actors, acting as the young version of Qin Shi Huang1.

<<Qin Shi Huang>> was a film which held an extremely important place in Chen Shuang He's life. Not only did it help in his transition from a child star to a bonafide actor, it also helped him forge friendships with the seniors he had acted with. His success in the future could not be had without the support of the seniors.

"...I don't want to anymore." Chen Shuang He held Chen Hui's arm, gently leaning on her. "I'll accompany you."

Chen Hui had died on the day <<Qin Shi Huang>> finished shooting. She died by her lonesome on the sofa in the living room—without her husband, without her son—the only thing that accompanied her was the remote control in her hand and Ning Yu Ren in the television.

He did not want history to repeat itself.

"...But I don't want to go out." Chen Hui slowly turned her head and looked out of the window, her almost deathly still eyes had a trace of expectation. "What if your father comes back? There should be someone at home to wait for him."

"...It's because you have always been waiting for him that he doesn't show up." Chen Shuang He forcibly pulled her up from the sofa. "Let him wait for you once in a while!"

But even when she was on vacation, Chen Hui would still worry about the house. Going overseas would be out of the question. Even if they were going for a vacation domestically, she would not be willing to go anywhere slightly farther away, she would get fidgety after three days, urging Chen Shuang He to book return tickets.

This life persisted for half a year.

Then, Chen Hui fell ill.

"Go back. I want to go back." She held onto Chen Shuang He's hand while on the sickbed, unwilling to let go, using all her strength to urge him, "Quickly help me book return tickets."

Chen Shuang He felt a wave of sadness. "There's no one waiting for you at home, what are you going back for?"

It had been half a year. Director Chen had yet to give her a single call, she had been the one who called him, reporting her locations and her activities to him before he impatiently hung up on her.

"Do you know how to talk to women?" Shi Zhong Tang's voice rang out behind him, he grinned cheekily. "Women are actually clear about everything in their hearts. She doesn't need you to give her an explanation, all she needs is a little consolation."