This was Zhang Xin Ai, every cent of her money had to be spent on something worthy, it had to let the other party feel her affection, it had to let the other party feel like they had gained something, it had to let the other like her more.

Just like Li Shan Zhu right now.

When he would think back on this day in the future, he would definitely not remember getting his wallet wrung dry and the hardship he undertook in cleaning up the place. What he would remember—what he would remember the most—would only be the lip balm in his hand.

Water was spraying out of the showerhead like a heavy rain. Ning Ning met this rain head on, sweeping her hair behind her head with both her hands and sighing in her heart. "That's just like a boy experiencing his first love...that tube of lip balm was only fifty dollars2."

A phone suddenly rang outside, it was Ning Ning's phone.

Her heart skipped a beat. She hoped that the person who was calling was not Big Brother Hai, Little Ke or any of her lovers. She frantically turned off the showerhead and shouted, "Shan Zhu, help me bring my phone to me."

The ringing was getting closer, finally arriving outside of the bathroom door. A crack slowly opened up, a hand holding a phone carefully squeezed through.

"Thanks." Ning Ning desperately grabbed the phone out of his hands. Afraid that he would hear her conversation, she turned on the showerhead again, the pitter-patter of the fine rain was hitting the floor. She answered the phone, "Hello."

"It's me." Pei Xuan's voice rang out from the other side.

...The person who was the hardest to send away had appeared!

"You actually still dare call me?" Ning Ning took a deep breath. "The police are looking for you everywhere."

"Then, are you hoping that they'll find me?" Pei Xuan asked.

"...Of course." Ning Ning said coldly, "Did you know how much trouble you have brought me by killing someone at my house?"

"Heh heh. After not meeting for a few years, your method in incriminating people had improved." Pei Xuan began to laugh, Ning Ning could not figure out whether he was praising her or mocking her. "Your guts have grown a lot too, you actually went through with it and killed Crew-Cut."

"What are you talking about?" Ning Ning was shocked by his accusation. "You were the one who killed him!'

"I did not. I have finally gotten out of prison, I wouldn't want to immediately go back in again." Pei Xuan said leisurely, "Besides, you should be very clear on what kind of person I am... If I wanted to kill a person, I would typically not do it myself."

Ning Ning thought back on it, that seemed to really be the case.

Ever since this fellow started having lackeys, he would let someone else do all his dirty works. Moreover, he had not killed anyone himself proactively, not because he had mellowed, but because...he had grown more knowledgeable from being educated—he knew that the crime for killing someone was too big, so he would not do it himself. If there was a need for it, he would get someone else to do it.

"...Alright, I should get on the train." Pei Xuan said, "This should be our last phone call, Little Ai. Take care of yourself."

"Wait!" Ning Ning shouted frantically, "What do you mean take care of myself, do you know something?"

The train started to choo choo, along with another ear piercing ka-cha, it sounded like Pei Xuan had casually tossed his phone on the train tracks and had it crushed under the wheel.