Where it All Began

I got out of my aunt's car in cue and turned around. I scrunched my eyebrows and slouched. She laughed and waved for me to go inside. I waved back and slowly started to walk towards the entrance. There were so many students at this school, more students than I thought there would be. I looked down at the ground as I reached the front gates before taking a deep breath and headed inside.

When I got inside I headed towards the sign that read 'Principal's Office'. I knocked on the door before entering the room, but there was no one in there. I felt a presence standing behind me and, startled, I jumped and turned around quickly. He asked me who I was and what I was doing in here. I nervously responded and his face lightened up. He smiled and motioned for me to follow him.

We walked past many classrooms in which students were already standing, greeting their homeroom teachers. We then passed by the gymnasium; the cafeteria where some students were sitting at and on the tables laughing and enjoying themselves. We walked until we reached the end of the right wing of the school. He looked back at me and told me to head into the classroom, holding his arm out. I heard the chatter of students quiet down as I walked in, head down. The principal— or the homeroom teacher, didn't know which one— announced that we have a new transfer student: me. My new classmates cooed and clapped after I greeted them and introduced myself quietly.

I looked at my new homeroom teacher as he explained some important things I needed to know about this class. I couldn't process everything he had said as I was too busy being "shy" standing in front of the whole class. He motioned for me to sit at the empty desk in the middle row. I quickly and quietly walked to the desk, took out my notebook and a pencil, and hung my backpack on the hook on the side of my desk.

I looked around and observed my classmates. Many were fooling around, some girls were gossiping and doing their makeup, most were actually listening to the teacher and writing notes down. I felt someone staring at me— whipping my head left to right, my eyes landed on a certain someone...

And that's where it all began.