028

"What the hell is taking so long" Dustin says as he rolls up his sleeve to look at his watch. "They will be back soon" I groan as myself, Eddie and Dustin hide out in the RV while the rest go into The War Zone to get supplies. 

"Gotta go!" Steve shouts as he throws his bag in and they all run inside "what happened?" I sit myself up confused "Lucas cute friends are in there" Erika says sarcastically as we all buckle down and Steve speeds away. 

We find ourselves an open space to work on our weapons as we are all separated into groups of what we are going to do during this fight.

Ive been placed with Eddie and Dustin, we are going to distract, Steve, Nancy and Robin are going to kill Vecna while Lucas, Max and Erica head inside the house, and get the show going essentially.

I sit quietly hammering nails into a dustbin lid for a shield while Eddie and Dustin play fight. "Never change... Dustin Henderson never change" I hear Eddie say in the distance, I look up to see him holding Dustin close after their play about "I wasnt planning on it" they finish their, whatever you want to call it and walk back over to me.

"I thought you two were going to confess your love for eachother then" I roll my eyes, hammering in the last nail. "You wish" Dustin jokes before sitting down. "You okay?" Eddie asks as he sits beside me "Yea fine" I say without looking at him "Y/n?" He moves closer "Max will be okay, we will all be okay" he places his hand on my back, forcing me to sit up straight.

"We dont know that Eddie, none of us know what Vecna is capable of" I put my hammer down. "I know, but we will all make it out, I promise" he smiles at me, filling me with some hope as we grab our things and get ready inside the RV...

**

We all sit in total silence as the sun starts to set, getting closer and closer to Vecnas house to drop off Lucas, Max and Erica. "Alright guys, you know the plan" Steve says as we pull up. "Max" I call out before she steps out "Be careful, okay" I say holding back tears "I will, love you y/n" she smiles "Love you too sis" I share a weak smile before she hops out and heads inside. 

"Jesus" I sigh as we drive off. "They know what they're doing" Steve reassures me "I know, but shes all I got left" I wipe the single tear that rolls down my cheek. "You've got me" Steve turns and smiles slightly, I smile back and nod before turning back to my window. 

**

"Come on lets go" Steve says, being the first to climb through the gate and into the upside down. We all follow closely behind him, one by one falling into it. 

We walk out of the trailer, thunder rumbling around us as we walk in the upside down. "Guys listen" Steve turns to myself, Eddie and Dustin. "If things start to go south I mean at all, you abort. Draw the attention of the bats, dont try to be cute or be a hero or something" he frowns at us. "Cute?" I raise an eyebrow "Just, stay alive okay"

"Dont worry you can be the hero Steve" Dustin jokes "Absolutely" Eddie adds. "Be careful" I step forward taking hold of his hand, he squeezes it tight "be safe okay" he places the other hand on my cheek before turning, and walking away with Nancy and Robin. 

"Now for the fun part" Eddie jokes as we turn, heading back inside his trailer. I follow behind, staying quiet as my anxiety builds up inside. 

"Jesus christ, its like she was destined for an alternate dimension" I roll my eyes at Eddie as he speaks about his stupid guitar, "Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?" Eddie turns with his guitar in his hand "bring back some memories" he looks up at me with a grin.

"Lets do it" I nod my head as we leave his room and head up to the roof of the trailer. 

We set everything up, waiting for the radio call for us to start. "Its time" Dustin says as he picks the radio up "Copy that, initiating phase three" the two of us turn to Eddie "Lets hope they hear this" I say as I connect the amp and Dustin turns it up high. 

We stand to the side, watching as Eddie enters his own zone, playing Master of Puppets by Metallica. Dustin stands, watching in awe bopping his head to the rhythm of Eddies guitar. 

"Theyre coming" I shout as I watch the bats fly towards us. "Eddie" I call out "we gotta lock down in T-minus 30 seconds!" Dustin shouts as Eddie nods. "Jesus" I groan, watching them fly closer and closer "Eddie 20!" I shout as he continues strumming his guitar.

"Uh dustin" I step back nervously "10!" he shouts. "We need to go now!!" I shout as Eddie strums the last cord with pure passion, ending the song. "Move move move!" He shouts, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the roof and inside the trailer.

"Shit" I scream as Dustin closes the metal gate as bats fly into it. "Come on inside" Eddie shouts causing me and Dustin to run inside, closing the door behind us. 

The three of us stand panting. trying to catch our breath. "Dude, most metal ever!!" Dustin applauds Eddie. I stand in silence, panting hard, re playing those stupid bats in my head. "You okay?" Eddie leans over and looks at me "So metal" I laugh as him and Dustin erupt in excitement together. 

We all grab our shields and weapons as we hear the bats starting to attack the trailer. We stand in a triangle, back to back to back in the middle, looking around the trailer for any holes. "Shit" I whisper and move forward "the vent" I point up at it "they cant get in through there can they?" Dustin asks but his question is soon answered as the vent busts opens.

"Fuck!" I scream, falling backwards onto the floor as Eddie and Dustin start to stab the bats that are trying to get in. "Die die die!!" Dustin screams as he pulls his spear back and forth. I quickly get back up on my feet, searching around the trailer.

Eddie jumps up, pushing his shield into the roof closing off the gap. "Theres no other vents are there?" Dustin asks "Oh shit" Eddie whispers as we start to run through the trailer, of course, there is another vent.

The bats burst through, flooding his bedroom. "Shit!" He shouts, shutting the door as we run back towards the gate. "Thats not going to hold" Dustin shouts "shit, okay lets go lets go!" Eddie shouts. I start to climb up the rope, falling through the gate and back into the normal world. "Come on!" I shout as Dustin climbs up, falling down too. 

"Eddie come on!" I shout as I stand watching through the gate. He jumps onto the rope, climbing up when he stops. "You're so close Eddie come on!" Dustin shouts "Eddie hurry!!" I cry out. "Eddie?" Dustin questions as he jumps back off the rope. He looks up at us, eyes full of emotion "Eddie... no Eddie come on" tears start to stream down my face. "What are you- Eddie, Eddie no!!!" Dustin shouts as Eddie cuts the rope, breaking our connection.

The rope falls down between myself and Dustin, Eddie flips the mattress on the other side so we cant jump back down. "Eddie stop!" I scream as I start to sob. "Eddie what are you doing" Dustin shouts in a rage "Im buying more time" Eddie grabs his stuff, running away from the gate...