011

"What" I shout "did you call the cops, where, when" I walk up to them. All three of them stand in silence, looking around at eachother "What?" I turn to Steve as he rubs his face "You best sit down" I frown at him "let me get changed" I walk to my room, still dripping wet from the rain. "you want clothes?" I ask Steve as he looks around flustered causing Max and El to laugh.

"Guys clothes, I have guys clothes" Steve follows me to my room where I throw him some shorts and a sweatshirt, he catches them and makes his way to my bathroom to get changed. Max laughs even harder once the two of us walk out "what?" Steve throws his hands up "They're Eddies, you kept Eddies clothes!" Max giggles causing me to sigh "Ill hurt you Max" I point at her.

"Eddie as in-", "Her ex Eddie yea, he was pretty cool he was in a band" she crosses her arms and looks at Steve "Max!" I shout "Sorry" she shrugs and turns back to El, "Great, im in your ex boyfriends clothes, nice" he nods as we all head down stairs to the living room. 

"Okay sorry back to the point, my twin brother killed someone and you saw? Max did you see" I place myself down beside Steve as Max and El sit opposite us. "No, listen, El, she has powers" I turn and look at Steve and he nods "what" I sit back on the couch "Theres this thing called the upside down..." the three of them sit, and explain to me what has been happening here in Hawkins the last few years. 

"okay so, Will was dead, then he came back, demo dogs, mind flayers, what the hell are you guys  joking with me" I push Steve as he laughs "No, we are being serious, Max is friends with Will that's how she knows everything, but you cant tell anyone" I nod and turn back to El.

"Billy, he's being controlled by something" I look over to Max who is nodding in agreement "Okay uh, sorry this is just a lot" I rub my eyes as I try to come to terms with everything I have just been told. 

"Something has taken over him, its using his body as a power house and controlling him, its living inside of him" Max explains to me "So, this morning..." I turn to Steve "I guess that's a possibility yea" he nods. 

"Okay, now what then, it feels like im high or some shit but I believe you guys", "You've been high?" Max tilts her head at me "You met Eddie, what did you expect" I ruffle her hair. "Gross" he scrunches her nose up at me "What about Billy has he?", "Ive seen Billy snort shit from a girls -" Steve quickly cuts me off "Alright that's enough lets get back on track" "Yea okay, where's my brother" I turn back to El. 

"We don't know, but something has happened, we went through his stuff and found blood" Max explains "Shit" I sigh. "What do we do" I turn to El. "We will find him, don't worry" she smiles at me, sweet kid. 

"So, are you two dating" Max catches me off guard "No" me and Steve say in sync. "You should" El giggles with Max "alright, its bed time" I stand up as Max and El run up stairs to her room. 

"I best get going" Steve stands up "Oh wait your uniform" I quickly grab it from the dryer and pass it back to him, our hands connecting for a very brief second, sending chills down my spine. "Thanks, ill see you tomorrow" He gives me a grin before leaving the house. 

** Next Day**

Myself, robin, Steve and Dustin sit at the back of the store, talking about these Russians yet again. 

"So there's a keycard that lets up in but the Russian with the keycard also has a massive gun" Dustin explains while pacing back and forth. "Theres gotta be a way in" Robin shakes her head in confusion.

"Well, you know...I could just take him out" Steve leans forward with a serious look on his face. I burst out laughing as Robin raises an eyebrow at him "What" he sits up and looks at me as I continue to laugh. "What? I sneak up behind him and I knock him out, take his keycard easy"  he tries to explain.

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin chimes in. "Yes Dustin I did, and that's why I would be sneaking" the two of them stand arguing at eachother for a moment, as Robin sits thinking to herself. 

"Robin" Steve calls out as she runs, grabbing all of our tips at the front of the store. "What are you doing?" I shout out as I run behind Steve "Half of that is mine" Steve shouts at here "where are you going?" I ask "To find a way into that room, a safe way, in the meantime sling ice cream, behave and don't get beat up" she runs off leaving the three of us stood confused.

"Oh dude, come on man not my scooper" Steve snatches it away from Dustins mouth as he licks the left over ice cream off it. "You guys are like a married couple" I turn away from them, sit on the counter and read my magazine. 

I stand serving customers as Robin comes running back inside with a map of some sort. "Thank you have a nice day" I smile and quickly run to the back. "what have I missed?"I sit down opposite Steve "And these air ducts lead all the way... here" she circles the the room we need to get too. All of us look up at our air vent and back to eachother. 

"Yea I don't know man I don't think you can fit in here, its like super tight" Steve looks down at Dustin after inspecting the vent. "I'll fit, trust me no solar bones"," Uh, excuse me?" I quickly question. "Oh he's uh yea got some disease, cry uh, its chrydo um..." I stand nodding like I understand, yet Steve cant even say the word. 

"Steve just shut up and push me!!" Dustin shouts "Okay, god" Steve steps up on the ladder and starts pushing Dustins legs, as I stand back and try not to laugh "Not my feet dumbs push my ass" he shouts back to Steve "What??"

"Touch my butt! I don't Care!!" Dustin shouts again, this time I cant help but laugh, watching Steve use all his force on Dustins ass to get him in this vent. "Push Harder!!" they scream at eachother. 

"Ive got an Idea" Robin runs around to the front desk where our usual, small child customer stands ringing the bell.

"A child? you want us to shove a child up there" I shake my head "what is in this for Erica!" the kid shouts at us, forcing Steve to sigh. 

We sit at a booth, full of ice cream, everything on the menu "More fudge" she pushes her bowl towards me "go on" I roll my eyes and take the bowl away to add more, leaving them to discuss a plan together. 

**

"Are you nerds in position or what?" Erica says down her radio to us "Yea, we're in position" Robin responds to her. "Its all quiet here so you've got the green light" we lay on the roof again, watching the door to make sure its safe for her. "Commence operation child endangerment" she says "see you on the other side nerds" we lay and wait for her to open up the door, in the hopes she doesn't get caught. 

"This is so stupid" I whisper to Steve, he turns and looks at me "at least we are getting quality time" he smiles but I frown and shake my head "whatever" I giggle slightly. 

"Free ice cream, for, life" Erica shouts out as the doors open, causing us all to smile and sigh from relief.

We head inside, the place is full of boxes which we of course decide to open. One has a huge, metal container inside of it which we open up, releasing its pressure and steam "that's definitely not Chinese food" Steve turns his nose up at it. "We should really be careful" I take a step away from the box for a moment.

"Yea you're right, maybe you guys should you know, step back" Steve looks at me, we all nod and take a step away from the box.

"No" Dustin argues "Just step back" Steve says again "No! no!" Dustin continues to stay put "Step back seriously" Steve turns to him "No, if you die, I die" I let out a small chuckle as Dustin becomes emotional over Steve. "Okay" Steve says unbothered, reaching in and opening one of the tubes. 

"What the hell" he groans as he lifts up the tube, full of a green substance that none of us recognise. "What is that?" Robin questions as we stay stood back from the box. 

The room rumbles ever so slightly "Was that just me, or did the room move?" Dustin is first to question the movement we all just felt...