003

"You kids have fun, be careful" mum shouts as we head to Billys car. "Thanks mum" I shout back, getting in beside him. 

"you're not going to embarrass me tonight are you now" he groans as he starts the engine but I choose to ignore him. "Are you now" he shouts "No" I quickly respond while doing my seat buckle.

We pull up to the party where the music is blaring and a bunch of drunk teens are stumbling around outside. "If you get drunk im kicking your ass" was the final sentence for billy to say to me before we enter. 

"Y/n" Nancy shouts as she welcomes me with open arms, Billy pushing past us "Im so happy you came, come on" she takes my hand and pulls me through to the kitchen where Steve and Jonathan wait. "Hey" I awkwardly smile as I greet everyone. Steve gives me a brief smile, its so tense and awkward.

"Listen I didn't want to say anything because I hate him, we aren't alike" I plea but I only get a nod in response. "Come on lets get a drink" I follow Nancy to where everyone crowds around all the alcohol. I down one cup after the other, I need to not be sober for tonight.

"Alright then" Nancy giggles as she does the same "Time to get smashed" she keeps filling her cup as well as mine as the two of us drink as much as possible. 

An hour or two has gone by since downing as much alcohol possible, and the room is starting to spin, get loud, and everyone seems super happy.

I hear cheering as I turn and see my brother on a keg "Such an ass" I stroll over, accidentally pushing him off it so he fails. I turn, my eyes meeting his as they glare at me. "Are you not drinking?" Nancy asks as we walk back over to Steve and Jonathan.

"Uh" he longs out his answer, his eyes switching between me and Nancy as we stumble, trying to keep our balance "Uh no, not tonight" he leans back on the counter, lightly frowning at the two of us. "Woah" Jonathan lunges forward, grabbing hold of Nancy before she can fall down. 

"Are you two like, dating?" I ask without thinking, Nancy bursts out in laughter as Jonathan tries to cover his awkward smile by holding her up "No, no we're not" he quickly answers before helping her adjust her balance.

I shrug and grab my cup "You think you should drink more?" Steve asks, looking at me in judgment. "Why are you judging me right now Harrington" He raises his eyebrows as Nancy giggles 

"Harrington, alright last name basis then" he nods "I think you've had enough" as he goes to take my cup, Billy and his friends interrupt "New Keg king Harrington" Billy chuckles as he stands next to me.

"Are you trying to fuck my sister" Billy grips onto my shoulder "What?" Steve takes his sunglasses off and moves around. "Billy stop it" I try to nudge him away but he knows he's stronger than me. "Just don't do her like the last guy" what the hell

I turn and get the courage to lift my hand and slap him across the face. "Fuck you" I grab my cup and storm away to the punch bowl as I hear Nancy let out a gasp. 

I stand alone, drinking cup after cup, furious after Billy felt the need to embarrass me in front of everyone. "Hey slow down" Steve walks over "Seriously" he steps in and grabs hold of my cup, our hands touching slightly

"Is that from today in the gym?" his hand gently turns my wrist as his thumb swiftly moves over the bruises. I yank it away and ignore the question. "He hurts you, your own brother?" His eyes stare into mine, ive known him a day there's no way im going to give in. 

"Can I have my cup back" I mumble "I think you're done for the night "No im not" I snap back, reaching forward for my cup, I accidentally spill a bowl of drink over my t shirt. "Great" I groan while wiping it up. 

"Come on let me take you home" he goes to take my hand but I pull back "No im fine, where's Nancy" I look around "She's gone, with Jonathan of course" he rolls his eyes "Oh, right, you and Nancy" I smile "Thats in the past, we don't talk about it" he lets out a sigh

"Now come on" his voice turning slightly stern "Ive known you a day, for all I know you could be a killer or something" I fold my arms, losing my balance and grabbing hold of Steves arm to re balance myself. "I haven't drank anything I can take you home" I frown at him

"Thats even more of a reason to not trust you, you're sober so you can pick your pray" I joke as my head rolls around. "Y/n, I will literally see you in English tomorrow morning, im not going to kill you" he tries to reassure me that he isn't a mass murderer, and I mean, it works. 

"Alright fine, but I cant go home" I stumble around "why?" he questions with a small frown. "Billy, he will kill me" I shake my head "You'll be alright", "No" I snap and hold onto him tight.

"Just please, I cant" I plea. His eyes stare down at me, I watch as his facial expressions change when he realises how serious Im being "Okay, fine, ill take you to mine you can stay in the spare room." I nod and hold onto him as we walk out to his car. 

"Where the hell are you off to" my breathing increases as I hear my brothers footsteps approach us "I was just taking her back, she's drunk" Steve explains "I can do that" he grabs hold of my arm, dragging me beside him. I stay silent as I look up at Steve.

"Alright. Ill see you tomorrow y/n" he nods and heads to his car "You were gunna head out with that guy?" Billy laughs "No he was taking me home" I slur "come on" he drags me to the car, speeding home, the last place I want to be...