027

We all sit inside Eddies trailer as Robin recalls everything she saw. "Fires, dark clouds of hawkins, giant creatures, there were so many monsters there, an army of them and they were coming into hawkins" she says while staring into space.

"Hes just trying to scare you Robin" Steve says while shaking his head. "I mean, its not real" he looks up at her "not yet no" she frowns at him "he showed me gates, spreading across Hawkins, and these gates they looked like the one outside of Eddies trailer" she says looking up towards Eddie. 

We all sit in silence, thinking about whats going on "the four chimes" Max speaks up as we all look over to her "Vecnas clock it always chimes four times, hes been telling us his plan this whole time" she lets out a sigh.

"Four kills, four gates... end of the world" Lucas says "If thats true then hes only one kill away" Dustin looks up "Oh jesus christ, jesus christ" Eddie says while rubbing his face with his hands.

"Vecna cant hurt anyone, not if hes dead" Nancy says "We have to go back in there, back to the upside down" she turns and faces all of us "Woah, no, no, no" Eddie shakes his head "Thats crazy" I raise my voice "We cant" Steve says. 

"Lets think this through" Steve stands up "what is there to think through" Robin stands opposite him "We barely made it out of there" he says "yea because we werent prepared" Robin folds her arms. "This time we will be, we will have weapons and protection" "No" Steve cuts her off "we will die, the only reason he kept you alive was because he wanted to, hes not scared of us" Steve raises his voice.

"Steve" I say while standing up "We've learned something new about Vecna, hes just like Eleven only a sick, evil, male, child murdering version of her with really bad skin" I scrunch my face up "But my point is hes super powerful, could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers, its not a fair fight" I finally finish my sentence

"You're right, hes like Eleven but that gives us the upper hand" Dustin steps up "We know El's strengths and weaknesses, when El remote travels she goes into this sort of trance like state I bet its the same with Vecna" Dustin points to Lucas "that would explain what he was doing in that attic" we all start piecing information together to make sense of whats going on.

"Exactly, when he attacks his next victim I bet you hes back in that attic, physical body defenceless" Dustin claps his hands together "Sorry are you forgetting the army of bats" Steve flaps his arms around "We will have to distract them somehow" I say.

"And uh, how do we do that exactly?" Eddie stands up "No clue" I shrug with a smile. "This all sounds good but theres no killing pattern, we dont know who he is going to attack next" Nancy says letting out a sigh. 

"Yea we do" Max says quietly "Max" I turn to her "I can still feel him, im marked, I ditch kate bush and draw his focus back to me" she says taking in a deep breath. "Are you out of your mind" I stand in front of her "he will kill you" I say with a change of tone to my voice. 

"Ive survived before, I can survive again" I shake my head at her "Max no, you're not doing this no this is so stupid" I start to raise my voice "hey" Steve holds onto my shoulder "we are not putting my sister back to that place" I shout "I just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into that attic" she says. 

"Then you guys can kill him, chop his head off, stab him, just whatever you do, dont miss" we all look around at each other in silence "Max" I whimper "I can do this y/n" she says as she takes hold of my hand "I'll go with you, ill stay by your side" she shakes her head at me "No, no you wont you will distract me and you'll freak out as soon as he pulls me in"

"You'll be the defence, you can do that" I shake my head at her in frustration "God I hate you" I chuckle. "Alright, what now" Nancy says 

"We go here, the war zone, ive been there once its huge, they have everything we would need" Eddie points down at the paper advertisement. "is that a grenade? how is any of this legal" Robin says "well lucky for us it is so" Eddie Shrugs. "Is this where-" I start to ask but he cuts me off  "Yep it is, be quiet" Eddie quickly turns and widens his eyes at me "Thought so" I nod and stay quiet, keeping a little story between us private. 

"It will take all day to bike there" Dustin sighs "who said anything about bikes?" Eddie frowns "you got some car we dont know about" Steve turns to him "its not exactly a car Steve" Eddie stands himself up so they're face to face. "And its not exactly mine but it will do" he claps his hands together as we leave the trailer. 

We all crouch down and sneak around the trailer park, and head around to the back of someones RV. Eddie slides the back window open "Get in" he whispers as him and Steve help all of us up and crawl inside. 

Eddie runs up, locking the door and attempting to hot wire the RV to start up. "Where'd you learn how to do this" Steve stands behind watching "Well, when the other dad were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, mine was teaching me how to hot wire" he says while rubbing two wires together. 

"Uh Eddie Im not sure I like the idea of you driving" I run up behind Steve, leaning on his back "Oh no, im just starting this up, Harringtons got her" he turns and looks at Steve with a smile. "Dont ya big boy" his grin now huge as he turns back to get it started. 

"Open this door!!" We hear shouting from outside as the RV starts up "Shit" Steve jumps in the drivers seat as we all run around to sit down and be safe. I sit at the front beside Steve, holding on for dear life as we drive out of this trailer park. 

"Hold on hold on!" He shouts as he takes sharp turns, eventually getting us onto the road. 

We sit in silence as everyone else falls asleep behind us, we havent spoke since the whole upside down shit. 

"So, hows it handle" I ask "not half bad" he replies with a smile "I mean considering this is a house" he shrugs causing me to chuckle. 

"Yea... its silly but I always had this dream that I'd have this really... really big family Im talking a full board of Harringtons, like five, six kids" he turns and smiles at me "Six?" I shake my head with a smile "Yea, six little nuggets" he smiles while driving.

"Three girls three boys, and, and every summer I figured all of us Harringtons we would pack up into something like this and just see the country, you know the rockies, maybe yellowstone" I sit in awe of him as he keeps glancing from me to the road. 

"That sounds nice" I smile "Yeah?" He turns and looks at me, I nod back with a grin on my face "I mean, except for the six kid part, jesus" I chuckle a little "If only I had some practice" he jokes as he turns over his shoulder, looking at Dustin, Lucas and Max. My heart melts listening to him talk about the future he wants.

"Listen Steve, I dont know what was in your head when we were in there" I finally speak up about what was said "I love Eddie yes but not in that way, I want you, this future you imagine I want to be in it" I turn my body so im facing him more. "I just feel like im in the way of you two, you guys are soul mates I cant stand in the way of that" he keeps glancing between myself and the road. "we can be soul mates and only be friends, platonic capital P" I giggle.

"I want you Steve, please get it out of your head that I want Eddie" I say with a stern voice, he turns and gives me a smile before re directing his attention to the road. I get myself comfortable and start to fall asleep in my chair as the rest of the ride stays silent.