021

The car ride is silent the entire way to the cemetery util we pull up. "Thanks" she says while opening the car door. I sit quietly, not looking out any of the windows, ive never visited Billy, its haunted me what happened to him. 

"Max?" Lucas jumps out "Lucas please just wait in the car" she shouts back at him he huffs and stands outside his car door. "Y/n" Steve says quietly. I lift my head and look out the window and Max walking away. "Max wait" I shout, unbuckling my belt and getting out the car.

"Y/n" she smiles as I catch up to her. "Come on" I say and we walk over to his grave together, still in the view of the guys and car. 

"Right here" She points to his headstone. "Fuck" I groan as tears start streaming down my face. "Billy" I sit down beside it, placing my hand on the headstone of my twin. I turn to Max as she unfolds her letter. "You can read it to him" I sniff as she starts reading.

"Billy.. so much has happened since you left, the first being our stupid sister is dating Steve Harrington" she says causing the two of us to chuckle "We moved to that trailer park off Kerley too..." I sit looking at his headstone as she talks, but she goes quiet.

"Max?" I sniff and turn to look at her. "M..max??" I shuffle and sit infront of her "Max what's going on?" I place my hands on her shoulders, shaking her violently as her eyes flutter and she doesn't respond.

**Steves POV**

I check my watch and look back up the hill, unable to see them clearly "Alright its been long enough" I open my car door and get out. "Steve just give them some time" Lucas sighs at me "I have all right? Im calling it, if Max wants to go get a lawyer she can" I turn and start walking up the hill, my eyes adjust to what's ahead of me, my ears catching on to the cries of my girlfriend, but not Max...

**Y/N POV**

"Steve!! Steve!!!" I shout at the top of my lungs as I see him walking up the hill. "Steve help!!" I cry out as I sit trying to wake my sister up from this nightmare. "Hes got her help me!!" I scream even louder, Steve finally catching on and sprinting to us. 

"Shit, Max, Max!!" He sits beside her holding onto her arm. "Come on Max you need to get out of this" he shouts while shaking her. "Max please!" I sob as Steve stands and calls for Dustin and Lucas.

"what is it?" They run up, realising the situation they sit in panic with us. "Max come on" Lucas places himself beside her. "Call Nancy and Robin!! go!!" Steve pushes Dustin to go get the radio. "Max come on please, please you cant go".

"Steve" I look up at him with tears down my face "we will get her out" he sits beside me, holding tightly onto my other hand. "Max please, come on I know you can hear me" I push her hair from her face. "Dustin!!" Steve shouts as he comes sprinting back towards us. 

"what is this" Lucas asks as he falls down with asset tapes and Max's headphones "Whats her favourite song!" he shouts "why" Lucas shouts "its too much explaining, what's her favourite song!!" he shouts louder. "Give me it" I sort through them in a rush, pulling out Kate Bush. "here play it, Play it!!" I scream at him as he gets it together. "Come on Max" I place the headphones on her. 

"Play it!" I shout as Steve moves behind me, holding me close to him as 'Running Up That Hill' blasts from her headphones. "Come on Max you can do this" Dustin sits down with us. "W.. what's going on" I cry out as she starts to rise into the air. "Max, Max!" I scream, pushing Steve and standing up below her. 

"Oh my god" I cover my face with my hands. "Max come on!!" Lucas shouts. "This cant happen she cant die" I cry continuously watching my sister suffer. I turn to the headstone and kneel down infront of it "Billy please, I know you're listening, for once in your life, fucking help Max, please, for me" I sob on the ground as Steve, Lucas and Dustin try calling out to her to bring her out. 

"Max, Max" I call out one final time. A loud gasp comes from above, as her body comes falling down to us. "Oh my god max!!" I run over to her, grabbing her and pulling her to me. "You done it, you done it" she sits gasping for air, trying to catch her breath as everyone gathers around.

"Here" I pull Lucas over and replace myself with him. He holds Max close, comforting her." im still.. im still here" she says in shock. "We done it" I turn to Steve. "come here" he grabs me and pulls me into his chest. "she got out" I sob as he rubs my back "she's here, she got out" he says while trying to catch his breath as emotions run high between all of us. 

"Are you okay" I crouch down opposite her. "y/n" she says and leans forward into my arms "the one time you manage to drag me here this happen" I stroke her hair as the two of us laugh. "Come on lets get out of here" Dustin helps Max up, everyone starts walking to the car but I stay back for a moment.

"Okay I know I always hated you and called you an ass, but you were the best twin Billy, you always stood up for me, were there when I really needed you. I know you were just trying to protect us in a harsh way, I can push aside all the hurt you put me through. I love you" I place a kiss on his headstone before walking away. 

As I wipe the dirt from my knees I look up and see Steve waiting. "You didn't have to wait" I say as I walk by him. "Just making sure you're alright" he says while catching up. "Hey, we need to talk before heading back" I frown at him "Steve my sister just almost cracked all her bones and have her eyes cave in, not now" I shake my head and go get in the car.

**